Every morning should start out like this: Oatmeal + Seasonal Fruit (+ summer + warm weather + flowers + coffee, ok I’ll stop now…)
Mmm! Oats are back on the bloggie! It was a nice change up for my normal, boring banana over night oats! After picking up some fantastic sweet cherries at the grocery and I knew exactly what I was going to do with them! Oh by the way, if you ask me, cherries are WAY underrated!Very Cherry Overnight Oats
- 1/4C instant oats (we didn’t have any rolled)
- 1/4C oat bran
- 1/2t vanilla
- 1/2T chia seeds
- 1C water
- 1/4C vanilla almond milk
- pinch of salt
- ~10 fresh cherries
- -optional: sliced banana- I couldn’t resist!
I used a new method to create my overnight oats this morning! Instead of eating completely raw oats (solely soaking), I threw them in the micro for a minute and then mixed in a little more liquid. More volume = happy Lee!
1. In a bowl or tupperware mash 5 cherries (you will need to de-pit them first)
2. Combine oats, oat bran, vanilla, chia seeds, water, salt, and mashed cherries. Microwave on high for about a minute.
3. Add an additional 1/4C liquid (I used almond milk) and throw in the refrigerator over night.
*In the morning I stirred in another splash of almond milk before topping with more fresh fruit (and nut butter which isn’t pictured!)
I concluded that the reason why I am addicted to Banana Oats is because the banana not only sweetens it up, but infuses flavor! Cherries do the same exact thing. Unlike blueberries or strawberries, cherries are a fruit that are extremely sweet and full of fllavor! *bam*
I’m going to leave it at that! I have to pack up all my stuff- and then I’m off to Minne! Talk to you in MSP!
What is your favorite fresh fruit to add to oatmeal?
Selena or Justin?
They are both so stinkin’ cute, BUT I’m going to have to go with Selena. #babe