Wobble Wobble Wobble Wobble Wobble. That is how my legs feel right now. I just did one of the most intense HIIT workouts I have ever done. 4 miles in under 31 minutes! Pat on the back Lee, GOOD JOB!
Check out my recovery fuel. Lunch..
Quinoa Crusted Veggie Egg Bake
- 1/2C egg whites + 1 egg
- 1C sauteed veggies (I used onion, tomato, and green pepper)
- 1/3C quinoa, uncooked
- spices: salt, pepper, garlic
1. Preheat oven to 375F and spray a small ramekin or a muffin tin (only need to spray ~4-5) with nonstick cooking spray
2. In a medium sized pan, begin by sautéing chopped veggies in in a clove of garlic and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
3. Next, in the ramekin/muffin tin evenly pour in the uncooked quinoa; this will act as your crust. Then transfer the cooked veggies on top of the quinoa.
4. Finally, pour in the egg.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on the size. I recommend rotating the pan about 10 minutes in to ensure that all of the muffins cook evenly.
I loved the texture of these! The quinoa really gave it optimal crunch!
Nummy Nummy Nummy. These little guys are packed with TONS of good stuff and protein galore. I actually ended up baking batch number 1 (see above) in a muffin tin and then made a second batch using just egg whites in a Ramekin.It definitely took a little bit longer for the bigger one to cook all the way through. I think I liked it bette too because the extra time gave the quinoa a little bit more time to cook and ended up a softer than the first batch.
Ashley made a big pan of this the other day and she was my inspiration to make some baby ones of my own. Check out her recipe…HERE. PS: I absolutely love living with someone who makes interesting food and isn’t afraid to try something different. Plus, it’s always easier to cook for 2 as opposed to 1.
On a sweeter note….head on over to AnytimeHealth.com. I posed a no-bake, gluten free holiday dessert recipe. I call these Healthy Coconut Pecan Pie Bites. Made with whole foods and just three simple ingredients. *get in my belly* is right!
I am off to finish my last final paper. I knocked two of em of my list today! Get it!
What is your favorite post workout lunch?
Are you an egg person?