Then, I proceeded to go out to the bar to ring in the New Year with my friends and actually enjoy myself. You all know that the bar is just not my scene and I often times try and avoid it at all cost. However, being with people important to my heart on New Year’s Eve outweighs my anxiety of dumb judgements at the bar. What I was really doing, is taking my own advice: “To be free from these irrational insecurities you need to wake up every morning and take a second to think, to breath, to be.” Live in the moment. Take life what what it is.
Last night was so much fun. We laughed, met new people, and just enjoyed ourselves. I am sure you are all wondering what my drink of choice was: water of course. And a little bit of champaign at midnight Anyways, I came home and asked myself, “why shouldn’t I share this vlog?” I am composed. I am mature. I am a serious young woman. *but lets face it* I am silly. I am nerdy. I am sometimes awkward. What would life be without laugher? Without further ado, here’s a nerdy little video Ashley and I recorded last night for the sake of 2012 (and the poor damn birds who forgot to fly south).
I was just looking through my old posts, trying to compose all of my lists of all the goals I have previously set for myself. Let’s see here… I have last years goals for 2011, which I set on 1.1.2011 and a list of Summer Goals. I’ll compile them into one for you.
Prior Goals I’ve Set for Myself
1. Wake up positive, go to bed positive.
2. Find time for myself every day.
3. Add a recipe to FFF a week.
5. Minimize carbon footprint
7. Declare a major
8. Find an internship
9. Chew less gum, drink less coffee.
10. Drive my car less.
11. Socialize more
12. Read the news
13. Meet new people and none of this judging stuff.
***Blue = Accomplished
***Green = Pending
***Black = Needs improvement
Additional ones for 2012
1. Graduate. This is a no brainer, and will happen I just need to let life play out. May 13th, 2012 is the big day and I can not wait to start a new chapter of my life!
2. Find a full time job. *wink* There is a particular company who I have my heart set on. Hopefully they will see that our mission align (to make people better and healthier) and I am perfect for them
3. Find a new home for post graduation that makes me feel safe.
4. Start a small business (this would be a long shot, but I gots to dream big)
5. Do something active every day. I need to find more time to just walk.
6. Create MEANINGFUL friendships/relationships with people.
7. Own my first dog (it’s bound to happen)
8. Run a marathon/triathlon. I have always told myself that I would never run a marathon, purely because 26.2 miles is an outrageous number. This would be an amazing accomplishment.
9. Never, not even for a single second, forget how important and amazing my family is, even though we’ll be dispersed all over the nation. Mom, Dad, Clay, Sister: you mean the world to me.
10. Learn learn learn as much as possible.
I know I will think of more and this list will get longer and longer. I am a list kind of girl, I make at least two a day I hope you all had a lovely New Years Eve and that the year of 2012 brings you peace, happiness, and love. Merry 2012 bloggies!
Let’s hear your goals for the new year, inspire me!