That’s right…my search for a new home has come to end. I found and signed a lease for the most adorable upper level 2 bedroom duplex (somewhere) in the Twin Cities. It was recently renovated and too perfect (for me) to pass up….
It doesn’t have as much storage and closet space as I would like, but I absolutely love the amount of windows, the hardwood floors, and of course the kitchen! The location is the perfect place for me, near lots of trails/walking paths and right across the street from a Farmer’s Market in the summer! I love the comment someone made, “You’ll know it when you see it,” because I totally knew it the second I found it that was the place for me!
I wanted to give a recap of all of your suggestions and comments from my last post about apartment hunting…which were a HUGE help during my search.
- Living alone is a lot more expensive than with 1 or 2 roommates
- Safety is important
- Find a place close to nightlife or restaurants
- You may have to sacrifice one thing for another (ex: small kitchen and for big closets)
- Natural lighting is important!
- Consider amount of space needed
- Location vs. cost of rent
- Don’t live below someone, it could get squeeky
- You’ll know it when you see it
I leave tomorrow AM for Mexico so be on the look out for some great guest posters this week. In the line-up we have Molly from Heart of a Blonde, Amy from Sisters, Spaces, and Stuff, and Kelly from No Sugar Sweet Life. Hopefully I’ll be able to post once or twice while I’m down there!