Nom is right.Quinoa Salad in any form is probably my favorite thing to make…and eat. You can make it sweet, salty, spicy, etc. Here are some of my past quinoa salad creations: The ones labeled gf are all gluten free, not my girlfriend (haha) *Apple Quinoa Salad *gf*
- Citrus Confetti Quinoa (guest post)
- Fresh Caprese Quinoa Salad *gf*
- Mandarin Quinoa Salad *gf*
- Red Quinoa Caprese Salad *gf*
- Southwestern Quinoa Salad *gf*
- Spinach Mandarin Quinoa Salad *gf*
I took a previous quinoa salad recipe and made it better.
- -1.5 Cups of Quinoa, dry
- -3 Cups of water
- -1 can of black beans
- -1 can of sweet corn
- -1 carton of plum tomatoes, sliced in fourths
- -2 ripe avocados, cubed
- -1.5T cilantro
- - lime, juice
- -1t salt
- -2t pepper
- -2T EVOO
- - 1/3C balsamic vinegar
- 1. In a medium size sauce pan, bring 1.5 cups of quinoa and 3 cups of water to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed.
- 2. Place cooked quinoa in a tupperware and set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until it becomes room temperature.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix together quinoa, black beans, sweet corn, tomatoes, and avocado. Then add spices, lime juice, EVOO, and balsamic vinegar. Toss
- 4. Serve as a side or even a meal!
Even if you are not having a bbq or party, this is a great salad to prepare in the beginning of the week. If you do this, I suggest skipping the avocado and just adding it at the time of consumption. Also, I guarantee this salad would be just as good with a different grain. Possibly substituting the quinoa for brown rice, millet, or cous cous??