Yes. Yes, you read that correctly. Almond Buter + Sea Salt + Dark Chocolate.
With the Pinterest success of my first Healthy Peanut Butter Cup recipe…I thought I would give it a mini twist. This recipe is a litte bit different. I didn’t use any coconut oil and I used actual dark chocolate.
Almond Butter Sea Salt Cups
Ingredients (makes 12 cups)
- 1.5 cups dark chocolate (I use dark chocolate disks)
- 1/4 cup almond butter, drippy
- 1/4 cup almond meal, all natural
- sea salt
- Place dark chocolate in a microwave safe Tupperware container and microwave for a minute. Then stir. Microwave for 20 seconds and stir again. Repeat 2 or 3 times, until all chocolate is melted.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together almond butter and almond meal, set aside.
- Line a mini cupcake tin with cupcake liners and fill 1/4 of the way with melted chocolate (note this recipe makes 12).
- Then, spoon about a dime sized blob of the almond butter mixture onto the melted chocolate.
- Cover the almond butter with more melted chocolate, filling the liner about 3/4 of the way. Last, sprinkle a few pieces of sea salt on top.
- Place in freezer for about 15 minutes, or until hardened!
It’s pretty simple to make and uses minimal ingredients. Feel free to add a touch of honey or maple syrup to your almond butter if you like it a little bit sweeter.
I filled mine about 3/4 of the way and sprinkled just a few pieces of sea salt on top. It really brings out the chocolately flavor!
It only took about 15 minutes for my cups to harden.
If you eat them right away, the almond butter should still be drippy on the inside. If you let them sit in the freezer for an hour or longer, then the almond butter will be frozen.You should be fine to store them in an air tight container in a dark, cooler place in order to have the almond butter stay melty. I kind of like it frozen though
And before I let you carry on with your beautiful Monday night: meet my Monday night Yoga Sculpt Crew…
These gals (and guy) are why I do what I do. I look forward to my Monday night class because I know I will get to spend time with them. I’ve gotten to know each and every one of them and couldn’t be more proud of how far they have come! They inspire me every Monday to keep teaching and doing good for my body.