Yes…another ball recipe. Power Truffles is just a fancier name for Power Balls 🙂
I don’t consider these “balls” because I didn’t roll them in my palms…I used a small cookie scoop instead, which is what gave it it’s truffle-ness. Same great taste, and less the mess! I’ll take it 🙂
A girl and I at work always keep a stock of power balls in the freezer (no one knows about them but us 🙂 ). We take turns making them…and we just finished a batch yesterday, so I thought I’d whip up a double batch.
At around 10AM, peanut butter and dark chocolate are seriously the best combo ever, with a cup of hot jo of course. It gives me the kick I need to make it to noon…okay 11:30, what can I say I’m an early lunch eater!
This recipe is my normal peanut butter ball recipe with the addition of chia seeds and a few mini dark chocolate chips. I also used more peanut butter than honey this time too!
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Melt peanut butter in microwave for about 20 seconds. Then add honey and mix.
- Pour in rest of ingredients and mix again. Your mixture should be like cookie dough.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out dough onto a plate.
- Freeze for about 2 hours and then transfer to a tupperware.
Just playing around with the f-stop and focus on my camera. You learn something new every day, I tell yah!
If you are new to Fit Foodie Finds- here are some of my other favorite energy ball recipes...Enjoy!