I wasn’t going to post this recipe on the blog because I am not in love with the photos, BUT it got a lot of hoot and hollerin’ on the FFF faebook page, so what the heck! I’ve actually shared a similar recipe before on FFF called Healthy Chocolate Ice Cream, so it is sort of a repeat recipe, but with a twist!
Whenever I make my “ice cream” at home, I use frozen banana as my base. I don’t have an ice cream maker, so this is the perfect (and healthy) way to do it! This time, I added some of my favorite Designer Whey Chocolate protein powder to up the protein stats.
Topped with some mini dark chocolate chip and roasted peanuts. Now- that’s what I call a sundae.
Chocolate Protein Ice Cream
*gluten free *dairy free
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
- Optional: 1 tablespoon mini dark chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon roasted almonds
- Place all ingredients into a small food processor and mix until fulffy. It took me about 1 minute total. I stopped one or two times to scrape the sides.
- Calories: 360
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 77
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 46
- Protein: 17
- Cholesterol: 6
Here’s my other Chocolate Ice Cream recipe.
Don’t forget about my Peanut Butter Chip Soft-Serve.
All three of these recipes would actually be quite a tasty summertime breakfast. That’s right, ice cream for breakfast.
And now I leave you with some lunchtime fun from work yesterday.