I told you I would be back with 19 more crock-pot recipes. The crock-pot is that one invention that I wish I would have thought of. It’s genius. Pure genius. Everyone is “busy,” and some people claim to be “too busy to make themselves dinner at home.” Well- they probably don’t own a crock pot! It makes cooking in general so simple. Throw a bunch of stuff in a pot, turn it on, and 3 hours later…viola!
Like chicken wings for example. You can make chicken wings in your crock-pot.
This time I experimented with different ingredients to make a sort of sweet and sour tasting version, but your options for flavor are endless!
The flavor actually reminds me of my Crock Pot Sesame Chicken. I wonder why… I used many of the same flavors
For this recipe I acutually mistakenly purchased full chicken wings instead of the already separated wings and drumsticks. Either works just fine…it’s just more work to separate the full chicken wing into bite size pieces.
- -2 pounds of chicken wingettes and drummettes
- -2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- -1 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- -2/3 cup ketchup, all natural
- -1/2 cup honey
- -2-3 T hot sauce (depending on your preference)
- -1t salt
- -1t pepper
- -red pepper flakes, for garnish
- -green onion, for garnish
- -possible water
- 1. First, salt and pepper your chicken wings to taste.
- 2. Then place in a crock pot. Next, prepare sauce by mixing together vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, and hot sauce.
- 3.Then, pour sauce on top of chicken wings. *Note, you will want the wings fully submerged in liquid, so you may need to add water if yours aren't covered.
- 4. Cook on high for about 3 hours or until chicken is fully cooked.
- 5. Next, strain out remaining sauce and serve hot with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and green onion.
I am thinking about doing a crock-pot series every Sunday. I say this now and I already know I’m not going to post one next Sunday because the wonderful Lindsay from the Lean Green Bean will be taking over while I am in Florida for the Anytime Fitness Conference Thursday-Sunday. It will just have to wait until October
Check out some of my other Crock-Pot Recipes…
Happy Sunday I have a busy ACE work with the Anytime Fitness Conference happening this week.
I also have some tubular (yes I said tubular) recipes coming up that I’ve already scheduled!