4 Ingredient Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins

Add just 3 ingredients to your favorite gluten-free muffin mix to make these delicious gluten free pumpkin muffins that the whole family will love!

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve attempted a gluten free pumpkin muffin recipe this fall and failed miserably. All I want it a gluten free pumpkin muffin that’s not ugly and tastes delicious. Fail fail fail. I finally gave in a purchased a gluten free muffin mix (the King Arthur’s brand), so that I could make my own pumpkin version by adding only a few ingredients to the mix!

What I used was: the gluten free muffin mix, an egg, pumpkin puree, and a little almond milk. That was my base…4 main ingredients.

To get that lovely spicy fall flavor, I of course added some Pumpkin Pie Spice and for kicks…a handful of mini dark chocolate chips.

Add just 3 ingredients to your favorite gluten-free muffin recipe to make these delicious gluten-free pumpkin muffins that the whole family will love!

So really- it was more than 4 ingredients, but you get my jiff!

I am really happy with how they turned out. Extremely moist, fluffy, and not ugly! They also tasted good, which of course matters the most, right?

Because I am a chocolate lover, I added a chocolate/coconut oil drizzle to the top I simply mixed about 2 tablespoons of mini dark chocolate chips and about a teaspoon of coconut oil. I nuked it for about a minute and voila…you have the perfect chocolate sauce to top your muffins with.

4 Ingredient Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins

Prep time
Cook time

Author:
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. First, preheat oven to 375ºF and line a muffin tin with paper liners. Then, lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray (this will prevent the muffins from sticking to the paper liners).
  2. In a medium size bowl, whisk eggs. Then add in milk and pumpkin puree and mix again. Next, add in gluten free muffin mix and mix until there are no more lumps.
  3. Add in optional ingredients such as pumpkin pie spice or chocolate chips.
  4. Fill each muffin about ¾ of the way full.
  5. Bake at 375ºF for 18-22 minutes or until you do the toothpick test and it comes out clean!
Notes
Option to add ½ cup chocolate chips!

I love how moist these ended up without ANY oil or butter! Thank you pumpkin puree.

#winning

I’m so sad this entire batch is already gone. sigh.

Guess I’ll just have to make more!

Check out some of my other favorite gluten-free pumpkin recipes…

The Best Ever Gluten-Free Pumpkin Waffles

Pumpkin Spice Frozen Latte

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cups

Ahh I have failed so many times already this season too!! Most of the time mine end up too dry when I try a GF version. Thanks for this recipe! I will be trying it ASAP!

Thank you for the recipe, these muffins were delish! I only had 1/2c of pumpkin puree left and used a 1/2c bananas, but followed the recipe. The only problem was the baking cups stuck to the muffins, would appreciate any help for the next batch of muffins.

3. Jkostis206 says

So the recipe calls for a “package of King Arthurs”, but I have a different GF flour so how many cups of flour should I use??

4. DJ says

Ummm, this is so misleading………when you actually include the ingredients in the K.A. GF Flour it’s way more than 4 ingredients. What are those ingredients I wonder corn? soy? GMO’s? there is so much more to consider.

• chris says

i mean, i think the point is that they’re easy to make. if you’re gonna be a health-nut food snob about it, then sure there are more than 4 ingredients. you can break those ingredients down further chemically, if you want. some of us are dirt poor and have celiac and are perfectly happy with these kinds of recipes without being a bourgeois fuckhead about it. you’re probably one of those people that doesn’t even have celiac and pretends to have non-celiac “gluten intolerance” (which it has been proven does not exist), because you need to appropriate every legitimate concern and jump on ridiculous bandwagons

5. Nicole says

All I could find at the store was a bag of Gluten-free pancake/muffin mix that makes multiple batches. I was wondering how much muffin mix comes in a package of King Arthur Muffin Mix so I could measure out the same amount with the brand I bought. Thanks!

• Nicole says

I ended up using 2 1/2 cups of Pamela’s pancake and muffin mix. The recipe on the package called for 1 1/4 cups of the mix to make 6 muffins, so I doubled it since the pumpkin muffins are supposed to make 14. I had to cook mine a little longer, maybe an extra 5 minutes, but the came out really good. Next time I’m going to try adding more chocolate chips and trying the chocolate coconut drizzle.

I was using a really good non-stick muffin pan. I ran out of muffin paper liners and didn’t have any cooking spray so 9 of the muffins went into un-greased muffin liners and the other 3 went straight into the un-greased muffin tin. The muffins in the liners did stick pretty bad to the paper (which I was expecting), but the ones that went straight into the non-stick muffin tin came out without any trouble at all.

Thanks again for the recipe!

• Becky says

I was glad you posted this modification. I used the Pamela’s mix as well – 2 1/2 C. I didn’t have almond milk, so used regular milk with a dropper full of liquid stevia. It looked a little dry so I added another 1/4C up milk, for a total of 3/4C. I added 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/8 tsp cloves. The only thing it really missed for me was salt, so I’ll add a tsp next time, and probably a bit more spice. So, not exactly 4 ingredients, but a nice, simple recipe that comes out really well – great texture! I served these at a party and nobody guessed they were GF :)

6. ashlee says

I made these tonight. They were AWESOME!! I did add some cinnamon and nutmeg and added more chocolate chips. Thanks for the recipe. :)

Canned pumpkin is what I used! It’s literally pureed pumpkin in a can (I use the Whole Foods brand or Libby’s). You can make your own too, but it’s not exactly pumpkin season yet 😀

That is a really good question, I can’t believe I didn’t write that down! By looking at the ingredients I’d say around 12 muffins (this recipe is from so many months ago!)

7. C says

I was hoping this was a real 4 ingredient recipe…it’s a four item recipe. The boxed mix has 15 ingredients on it’s own, I really wish people would understand the difference between item and ingredient.

8. Coral says

I tried these and they didn’t taste very good, so I added some applesauce and a little brown sugar for some sweetness!

9. Joy says

Thank you so much for the recipe. I used 1 1/2 cups of the King Arthur’s baking mix, added pumpkin pie spices & 1/2 cup stevia. Just baked a little longer. Loved them & will make again! All GMO free too!!!

10. Mariah says

You said in your description that you used almond milk in this recipe but then down at the bottom it just says milk :) I was wondering if you used that much almond milk as I would prefer to use that! I can’t wait to try these out tonight!

11. Karen says

Being not an experienced baker I took the “1package king arthur gluten free flour mix” literally and about half the box in realized eh, this mix must come in smaller than 24oz sizes? Lol I had to add the rest of the can of pumpkin, an extra egg, and more milk to compensate for the excessive amount of dry mix. Just a heads up for any other newbies like myself, maybe put the package size of baking mix in the recipe :)
    Aside from that tasted great!