It is officially fall here. Leaves are changing and leaves are falling. I have a love hate relationship with fall. Fall means chili and layering and pretty colors and perfect temperatures. But it also means winter is right around the corner. sigh.
Speaking of Chili…FFF’s Black Bean and Quinoa Chili was featured a couple times the past few days…
- BuzzFeed’s 24 Extremely Delicious Slow Cooker Dinners
- Huffington Post’s Warm Up this Fall with 12 Chili and Cornbread Recipes
Today’s recipe is classic, simple, and delicious (and Blake approved!).
Not much work has to go into this recipe…or ingredients. I love how hearty it is. Plus- it’s gluten free and there’s quinoa in it. #winning
This recipe is one of those…that I thought of in the shower. I swear I think of the greatest ideas either in the shower or on a run. TMI?
- -1 cup quinoa
- -3 large chicken breasts, thawed
- -7 cups chicken stock
- -5 large carrots, sliced
- -5 celery sticks, sliced
- -1 teaspoon parsley
- -2 teaspoons minced garlic
- -1 teaspoon salt
- -1 teaspoon pepper
- -2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- -1 bay leaf
- -sliced green onion or garnish
- 1. Place all ingredients in a large crock pot. Cook on high for about 3 hours.
- 2. Then, remove chicken breast and shred using a fork. Place shredded chicken breasts back in pot and let cook for another 30 minutes.
I threw some avocado on top.
My one-pot archives are growing! Check em out below!