The idea originated here…I just made it my own
What rocks about this snack is that you can customize it however you like! All you need is a nut/seed butter and some toppings such as more nuts, seeds, dried fruit, etc.
What did I use? [Maranatha Dark Chocolate Almond Butter|http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008LBG1NA/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B008LBG1NA&linkCode=as2&tag=fitfoofin-20&linkId=EOKCB6MFI3CMAHHA] and my Homemade Maple Sea Salt Pistachio Butter.
For my toppings I used [pistachio nuts|http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NCGFIC/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004NCGFIC&linkCode=as2&tag=fitfoofin-20&linkId=6M45GHOX5S5JW4KO] and [chia seeds|http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WV0RW8/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000WV0RW8&linkCode=as2&tag=fitfoofin-20&linkId=KX3RKVUGI6BBNB3S] (love the green color from the pistachios) and [dried coconut|http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YR7A9Q/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002YR7A9Q&linkCode=as2&tag=fitfoofin-20&linkId=KOHUN6RJW7WRX3MX]. Your options for toppings are absolutely endless.
I personally like to eat these frozen and with a cup of warm tea. They are an AMAZING afternoon pick me up. The perfect size, perfect flavor. #BestSnackEver if you ask me.
Banana Sushi is going to be my go-to snack of 2014.
This kind of looks like a caterpillar. Banana caterpillar sushi?
I think if I had kids…that’s what I’d call it!
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (any kind will work!)
- optional toppings: chopped nuts, chia seeds, shredded coconut
- Peel banana and then spread on 1 tablespoon of nut butter.
- Sprinkle on optional toppings and press them lightly into the nut butter to ensure they will stick.
- Using a sharp knife, evenly slice banana into "sushi" pieces.
- Enjoy right away or transfer onto a baking sheet and freeze for later!