I know using pre-made spaghetti sauce (and any kind of sauce for that matter) is extremely convenient, inexpensive and most of the time delicious. BUT the fact that you can make your own sauce, use whole ingredients, and have it taste just as good is a no brainer!
All you need to do is get some simple ingredients and follow a few simple steps and you have pure bliss! A little bit of salt, pepper, and garlic will take you a long way! Add some fresh basil, EVOO, and you are SOLD to the clean eater in red!
Isn’t this just the most gawgeous way to spend a lunch date with a friend? Hi BROOKE! She is a fellow photographer (but of people) and we met at my yoga studio. Insta-connection. Love her and her sissy Carly.
And thanks for being my lovely model and handy helper during this shoot 🙂
I actually looked at a jar of store bought marinara sauce before making this recipe. The ingredient list was pretty lengthy and included sugar and about 5 ingredients I couldn’t pronounce.
This recipe. 100% CLEAN!
By the way- I used brown rice noodles MY FAV which you can get at Target #whoooop
- -8-10 large tomatoes
- -2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- -5 large basil leaves
- -6 cloves of garlic
- -salt (to taste)
- -pepper (to taste)
- First, preheat oven to 400F and lightly spray a cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, prep tomatoes by cutting them in half and placing them in backing sheet facing up. Drizzle with EVOO and season with salt and pepper.
- Place fresh basil leaves and garlic in same pan.
- Roast at 400F for about an hour or until the tomatoes begin to brown.
- Once cooled a bit, place everything into a food processor (basil and garlic included!) and process until smooth. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Pin for later!
PS: Here is a behind the scene look at this shoot. Thank you brook and your iphone for capturing these!