Brownie Batter Peanut Butter Swirl Oatmeal

There was this one time, back in like 2012…when I made some brownie batter oats. I decided to reinvent this recipe for 2 reasons. #1- peanut butter completes chocolate and #2- the photos do not do the recipe justice! Nope, not at all.

I still can’t believe how far I have come in just 2 years with my food photography. Lots of practice, amazing technology, the will to learn, and amazing mentors

Brownie Batter Oatmeal with Peanut Butter Swirl via FITFOODIEFINDS.COM

You may think this looks like dessert oatmeal- but it’s definitely healthy enough to eat for breakfast!

• Whole Grains
  • Healthy Fats
  • Vegan
  • Heaven on Earth

Brownie Batter Peanut Butter Swirl Oatmeal via FITFOODIEFINDS.COM

I seriously can’t stop looking at that peanut butter swirl. So perfect.

I say explore with toppings- unsweetened coconut, muesli, banana, almond milk, coconut milk, nuts, you name it! I ate this for dinner last night (yeah I did!) and have left overs for today. I am thinking a mid-morning snack with a big dollop of vanilla Greek yogurt!

Brownie Batter Peanut Butter Swirl Oatmeal via FITFOODIEFINDS.COM

Brownie Batter Peanut Butter Swirl Oatmeal via FITFOODIEFINDS.COM

If you’re not big into stevia or organic cane sugar…try using mashed banana! I would use about a half a medium mashed nanner, which will bring out the sweetness of the cocoa powder and give you that rich brownie batter flavor 😀

Brownie Batter Peanut Butter Swirl Oatmeal via FITFOODIEFINDS.COM

5 from 1 reviews
Brownie Batter Peanut Butter Swirl Oatmeal
Prep time
Cook time
Servings: 2 | Calories: 286 | Fat: 14g | Fiber: 7.7g | Protein: 11g | Sugar | 2.6g
Serves: 2 servings
  1. Place all ingredients (leave out 1 tablespoon peanut butter for drizzle) in a medium size pot and turn heat to medium/high. Bring to a rolling boil, then turn heat down to medium and cook for about 5 minutes, or until oatmeal thickens. Stir often! Pour oatmeal into two bowls. Then, drizzle on some peanut butter and add a few chocolate chips.

If you HAD to choose—-peanut butter or chocolate? I say peanut butter all the way!

Subscribe by email to get free recipes and workouts delivered straight to your inbox!

1. Laura says

As I like to prepare my breakfast the night before, I just used this as inspiration for my overnight oats. Can’t wait for breakfast tomorrow morning!

Please don’t ask me to choose between the two. It would be like asking a parent to choose their favorite child. Best flavor combo ever!

This recipe looks absolutely amazing…no words. Let’s not start on the photography..

Excuse me as I berate Davida for only just telling me to check your blog out. Especially as peanut butter > chocolate.

Aw you so kinddddd! Davida talks about you all the time 😀 😀 😀 Love that woman and every word that comes out of her face.

Incredibly good looking! Wow, I can’t wait for the weekend to try it out myself and be in heaven! Thanks for these amazing pictures!

5. Becca says

I omitted the sugar because my soy milk was vanilla. I cut the recipe in half while making it but I don’t think that makes any difference. I did 1/2 cup oats,, 1 cup vanilla soy milk, 1 tbsp pb (1/2 and 1/2), 1/2 tbsp choc chips, 1 tbsp cocoa and than the vanilla extract, cinammon and salt halved too.

• Kaity says

I’m eating them right now! Super delicious. I cut the recipe in half (to fit in my mason jars). I used Vitamin D milk and a mashed banana. I found that my oats are a bit extra runny, so next time I’ll use less milk, but that’s just a personal preference. The flavor is amazing! Definitely going to continue making them! Next time I’m going to also try throwing in some of my chocolate/chocolate-peanut butter protein powder. Thanks for the recipe!

thank you SO much for sharing this recipe!! I can not wait to try it in the morning!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee oatmeal , i eat it every day and am always looking for new recipes!!

7. Amanda says

I’ve made this several times after finding it. It’s my breakfast nearly everyday and I’m a little obsessed! I use powdered PB to cut down some of the fat and it’s definitely the way to go. Thanks SO much for positing this :)

8. Laura says

Lee these oats were to DIE for!!! They reminded me of eating a no-bake cookie. AKA delicious!