Look what came out to play!
Davida bought herself a spiralizer (actually the same one that I have) and shipped it to my house, then realized she couldn’t carry it on back to Canada because of the blades. So now I have two spiralizers.
Just kidding 😀 She paid to have it shipped home.
I got a very specific request from the Blakester to: MAKE CUCUMBER SALAD.
His grandma makes a mean cucumber salad. I MEAN MEAN. I always get a little nervous when I’m asked to recreate something someone’s grandma made because, well, all grandmas are culinary geniuses.
Which is why I decided to put a tzatziki twist to my cuc salad 😀
This is such a simple, easy recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
Perfect for a bbq, Sunday night dinner, graduation party, or even an afternoon snack.
Plus- spiralizing is so much fun.
I’m still amazed at how cool it is. Best $35.00 spent!
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 Greek yogurt, nonfat
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dill, fresh or dry
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- First, prep tzatziki sauce by mixing together Greek yogurt, garlic, dill, sea salt, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Then, spiralize cucumbers. Watch this video to follow a step by step tutorial from Inspiralized on how to spiralize a cucumber. Use scissors to cut cucumber into smaller, eatable pieces.
- Make sure to follow the step up soaking up moisture. This is important!
- Pour tzatziki sauce on top of cucumbers and mix.
4th of July Vacation
On Saturday Blake and I leave for our Annual 4th of July vacation. By annual, I mean second annual 😀
We are flying to Boise to meet one of my best college girlfriends, Sam, and then road tripping to the coast. Sam and I did a similar road trip when we were sophomore’s in college, so we are going to re-live the fun with our guys! We’ll be staying in:
- Bend, OR
- Hood Rive, OR
- Seaside, OR
We’re planning day hiking and fishing trips, but are really excited to just lay low. If anyone has ever traveled or lives near these places and has suggestions for sites to see, places to eat, etc. I’d love to hear fro you!