Vegetables for breakfast?
Yes! Especially when you can get in a serving during the most important meal of the day. I’ve been on a pancake kick lately. Today’s recipe was inspired by my trip to the Oregon coast (which is where I am right now!). Sand dollars from the beach turned into silver dollar pancakes for breakfast.
We are staying in the cutest little condo in Seaside, OR and have a full kitchen. A girl’s dream.
^^More pics of the trip to come next week!
LIBBY’S Pumpkin is the best ever because you can get it year round and use it in so many different kinds of recipes! LIBBY’S PUMPKIN is…
- A good source of fiber
- Loaded with Vitamin A
- A whole food- no added, sugar or salt, just pumpkin!
So about these pancakes.
I am obsessed. I love that they are orange! When you bite into them they are crunch because I threw a handful of pecans into the batter.
Guys- 100% whole grains, serving of vegetables, no refined sugar, pure deliciousness!
- 2 cups ground oat flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking baking powder
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, slightly melted
- ½ cup LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 eggs, large
- ¾ cup almond milk, any kind will work
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Set aside. Then, in a medium size bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- 2. Slowly add wet to dry and mix until smooth.
- 3. Preheat a pan to low/medium heat. Spray with coconut oil cooking spray. Spoon in about 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake. Let cook for about a minute to a minute and a half and flip. Cook the second side for another minute or so. Repeat.