This gluten-free peanut flour banana bread is high-protein and and full of peanut butter flavor! It’s made with whole ingredients and no refined sugar!
The day Trader Joe’s decided to discontinue their peanut flour was a sad, sad, vey sad day. I went to two different locations and bought them out. It didn’t last me very long. No, no it didn’t, because I used to put that shit on everything!
I LOVEEEE peanut flour because it’s a natural protein powder. Peanut flour is essentially de-fatted peanut butter. Same great flavor, WAYYYY less fat, and tons of protein. The exact product I use is called Peanut Flour Plus. I get it off amazon in a bulk bag. A lot of you may be familiar with PB2. Wellll, peanut flour is the same exact thing. I HIGHLY recommend, Amazon. You’re going to get your biggest bang for your buck for sure!
I wanted to point out the nutrition label quick (Per 1/4 cup serving): 110 calories | 4g fat | 8g carb | 2g sugar | 16g protein.
That’s what I’m talking about! This bread is dense and moist at the same time. Just the way I like it!
Also- honey on this bread is. a. must.
PS: How amazing are those copper mugs?
$9.99- Target. I love you. I’ll take 2 and so will Brooke.
Gluten-Free Peanut Flour Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 slices
- 2 medium bananas, ripe
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground oat flour
- 1/2 cup peanut flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, in a large bowl, mash bananas until they become liquid. Then, mix in the rest of the wet ingredients. Add in the dry ingredients and mix again until smooth.
- Transfer batter into pan and bake at 350ºF for about an hour. Stop and check at 50 minutes (toothpick test!) and reassess.
- Top with peanut butter and honey!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
I did the freezer test. I wanted to make sure that you could freeze this bread and thaw for later.
It worked! I couldn’t even tell it was frozen prior to eating it. #boomshakalaka
Are you a peanut flour lover? What brand do you use?