Pomegranate Oatmeal Snack Cups

These Pomegranate Oatmeal Snack Cups are the perfect on-the-go healthy breakfast or snack. Bake them up at the beginning of the week for a grab-and-go option for the rest of the week!

Pomegranate Oatmeal Snack Cups

Shoes are something that I have a hard time buying. 1. I am the worst shoe picker outer…when it comes to the fancy kind, that is, and 2. I am SUPER picky. I have giant calfs, so short boots or booties are really hard for me to find and like. I feel like taller boots balance out my muscular thighs in general, so I often just go with that.

You know what is the worst? When you go shoe shopping and you find a pair that you like, but don’t end up buying them then you get home and realize you have the PERFECT outfit to wear them with? Yah- I hate that!

Well this weekend, Blake and I were Christmas shopping, AKA buying things for ourselves instead of everyone else, and I decided I wanted a pair of black booties because I had found a cute outfit to wear to the Corepower Holiday Party. I found THE PERFECT PAIR at Macy’s, but of course they didn’t have my size. Whomp. I then dragged Blake to DSW so I could see if I could find a similar pair. Surprisingly, I did…2 of them! I asked B, which ones he liked better and of course it was opposite of me. I decided to turn to Instagram to see what my fashionable followers would choose. Literally 99% of the people who responded said they liked Blake’s choice best.

I took your advice and went with that shoe and hot damn I’m glad I did!

LEE
So these snack cups rock! I am obsessed with pomegranates lately, and you should be to! They make everything taste and look better…like ugly oatmeal, for example. Just put some poms on top and BOOM, you’ve got yourself a beautiful masterpiece 😀Pomegranate Oatmeal Snack Cups

Frealz, these rock! They are….

• 100% whole grain
  • Naturally sweetened
  • Naturally gluten-free
  • Dairy-free
  • HEALTHY!

Pomegranate Oatmeal Snack Cups

The best part is….you can totally eat more than one because they are sort of miniature.

Since they are super dense, they didn’t rise much (I wasn’t expecting them to), so I only filled the cupcake tin about 1/3 to 1/2 way. Eat em’ up, frands.

Pomegranate Oatmeal Snack Cups

I topped mine with my new favorite nut butter- Trader Joe’s Cashew Butter. UMMM YUMMM. It’s unsweetened and perfect. I’ve got 2 stocked away in my cabinet for a rainy day 😀

5 from 1 reviews
Pomegranate Oatmeal Snack Cups

Prep time
Cook time

Serves: 12 snack cups
Ingredients
Wet
Dry
Instructions
  1. First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Then, place banana in a medium size bowl and mash until smooth. Add the rest of the wet ingredients (minus the coconut oil, we will add that very last) and whisk until combined.
  3. Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Finally add in coconut oil.
  4. Fill muffin tin about ⅓ to ½ way full. Sprinkle additional pomegranate arils (about ¼ cup) on top.
  5. Bake at 350º for about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 2 snack cups

Pomegranate Oatmeal Snack Cups

Here’s more healthy breakfast ideas from the FFF archives…

Vegan Chai Overnight Oats

oats

Vanilla Bean Breakfast Quinoa

quinoa

The Best Gluten-Free Pumpkin Waffles

waffle

Tell me about your shoe collection. Do you own a lot of shoes? Or are you super picky about your shoe purchases like me?

1. Janelle says

Can’t wait to try these! BTW I’m loving cashew butter right now too! I just made a pad Thai using cashew butter instead..cashew chicken pad Thai goodness!! You gotta try it if u haven’t already!

I like pomegranate but I NEVER buy it. These definitely would be best with some nut butter! :)

I looove shoes. I don’t really buy many anymore – I really don’t do much shopping anymore. Pesky budgets! I’m not too picky, and actually shoes are one of those impulse buys for me. I have a couple pairs I love but dont’ wear much because they go with about 2 outfits haha.

3. Allyson C says

These sound delish! Hubby doesn’t like anything too sweet, so we made cranberry ginger cookies last week, which were fantastic. We’ve been thinking of ways to use our Christmas gift to ourselves – a Kitchenaid mixer. This breakfast/dessert could be our list for this week! Shoes – I love shoes! My mother in law has the BEST shoe closet ever! Anyway, I bought booties from DSW, too! I seriously didn’t even look at the brand because they were (finally!) exactly what I was looking for and comfy. I got them home and realized why they were so comfy – Easy Spirit! I didn’t realize they had such cute shoes! I keep trying to find more outfits to wear them with!

• Allyson C says

I would be devastated if the perfect shoe was $300 because I would DEFINITELY not buy them!

I guess I should say that I did look at the price, but not the brand! :)

I’m with you on the shoes, girl! My sister be like, “give me heels.” Me? “Give me Nikes.” Ha I love getting dressed up, but a strugglefest it is trying to find shoes that work. Strong calves here, too. Seems like I default to wunder unders and boots whenever possible.

GIRL that skirt!!! I love it – where did you get it? Good call on the booties, that pair is definitely more versatile and will be easier to dress up or down.

I’m excited to try these snack cups! How did you know I’ve been craving more pomegranate in my life?

6. Erin says

Had a question re: the pomegranate arils. You mention 1/3 + 1/4 c separated. I see that you sprinkle the 1/4c on top before you bake in the directions. I am assuming you mix in the 1/3c into the dry ingredients? Don’t see any directions for that 1/3c of them. Thx! Love, love, love your website by the by.

7. Ilana H. says

Hey, this recipe looks fantastic. I’m so glad it’s dairy free – I’ve just recently found out I’m lactose intolerant and I love baking so it’s been tough to find good recipes like this. Not to mention, healthy!

I’ve never used pomegranate arils, but I imagine it’s easier to find them frozen, and cheaper, as with a lot of fruit. Do you think it would work with thawed out frozen pomegranate arils?

Thanks, I really want to make this! – Ilana

o0oo0o being lactose intolerant is no fun! That was my childhood and thankfully I grew out of it after puberty 😀 I’ve never seen them frozen..but they are everywhere right now fresh because this is their season. I found them today at my local grocery store chain already de-seeded! BOOM! If you do find them frozen, I’m positive they will work when thawed 😀

8. Megan says

Do you think this would work using dried cranberries instead of the fresh pomegranate seeds? Cranberries (and cranberry juice) are a little more in my budget than pomegranate.