Serve these Bacon-Wrapped Honey Sriracha Chicken Bites on a piece of apple for the most delicious, paleo-friendly appetizer that only takes 30 minutes to make!
Bacon. Sriracha. Chicken.
This is one of those recipes that I had not planned on shooting (I usually plan out my content calendar weeks in advanced <—crazy, but it’s what works for me), but that I thought of making after having some leftover chicken breasts and chicken in the fridge. Turns out my lovely lady Lexi from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen has a very similar recipe. I think my mind secretly memorizes all of Lexi’s paleo goodness 😉
So these bites…WOULD BE PERFECT FOR Da Soops Bowl (apparently we aren’t aloud to say the actual words because it’s trademarked…fun fact Friday).
These little bites of heaven are SO EASY TO MAKE!
All you have to do is marinade your chicken pieces for a few minutes in your sriracha honey concoction and then roll them up in bacon pieces. Then, you pop the whole thing in the oven for just under 25 minutes.
Boom chicka pow.
You can use any kind of bacon you want. I used a paleo-friendly, center-cut bacon that doesn’t have all those gross hormones and added nasties in it. Originally I thought an apple smoked bacon would have been perfect, then I decided to throw a piece of actual apple on there.
Bacon Wrapped Sriracha Lime Chicken Bites
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 30 bites or about 10 servings
- 10 pieces of center cut bacon
- 2 large chicken breast, organic if possible!
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 1/2 lemon wedge
- 3 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 apple
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF. Then, line a baking sheet with tin-foil and set aside.
- Next, prep marinade by mixing together sriracha, lemon juice, honey, and salt and pepper. Then, slice chicken breast up into bite-size pieces, making sure all of the pieces are relatively the same size. I got about 30 pieces out of the two breasts. Then, place the chicken pieces in the marinade and mix.
- Prep bacon by slicing into thirds. You should have a total of 30 mini strips to match the 30 chicken pieces. Then, place a piece of chicken in the center of a piece of bacon and roll. Place on tin foil seam down. Repeat.
- Bake at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is at desired texture.
- Serve with a thin slice of apple and a toothpick.
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 7
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Protein: 13
This weekend is going to be pretty laid back, which is really nice. On Saturday night Blake and I are going to our friends house for dinner, and that’s pretty much all we have planned. Honestly, I probably won’t watch the Soops Bowl…I haven’t seen a single game all season (oops).
I think what I am going to do is explore a few more ClassPass studios. I just renewed my contract for another month! WHOOP.