This Sriracha Chicken Salad is packed with veggies and blue cheese. It’s topped with a homemade green goddess dressing that’s made with a Greek yogurt base!
Blake and I made friends with the buffet while we were on the cruise. Let’s just say by the end of the trip, we were BFFs. On the Princess Regal, there is a 24/7 buffet located on the top deck thats stocked with all different sorts of foods. It’s split into two different restaurants. Horizon Grill was the clear winner with a much better selection of prepared and fresh foods. I am a big fan of fresh and flavor and the main buffet lacked in those categories a bit.
The one thing I tried to eat daily was a GIANT salad, where I stuffed as many vegetables as possible on my plate and slathered on some green goddess dressing. AKA the best creation I’ve ever eaten in my entire life. When it comes to prepping salads at home, I almost always use store bought salad dressing because I’m lazy 😀 I thought I’d put my big girl pants on, take out the magic bullet, and try to recreate this beauty.
Mine came out a big more savory because I didn’t want to add any sugar, but it’s equally as delicious. It’s a super simple dressing to make, too which is what I’m all about! What’s in it?
- Greek yogurt
- fresh cilantro
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
That’s it. Yup.
It pairs perfectly with this bomb A$$ Siracha Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese. I think I should add a BA to the front of this recipe title, eh? The Sriracha Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese is another copycat recipe from one of my favorite local restaurants here in Minneapolis, Agra Culture. If you live in the Twin Cities- get your booty to this place! It’s the perfect lunch spot. All of their food is respectfully sourced, GMO free and 100% organic. They even have paleo options on their menu! #wohhhhhnow
So this sriracha chicken might be one of the best things I’ve ever made. The marinade is similar to what I used from my Bacon-Wrapped Sriracha Chicken Bites. And- just like the last time I cooked with sriracha, I rubbed my eyes. WHYYY do I do this to myself every time? I couldn’t see for a whole day 😛
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- ½ cup ground oat flour + salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sriracha
- ½ lemon (juice)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ lime (juice)
- salt, to taste
- 4 handfuls of mixed greens
- ¼ cup blue cheese
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- First, dice chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside. Then, create sriracha marinade by mixing together sriracha, lemon, honey, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Next heat 1 tablespoon EVOO on low/medium heat in a large sauce pan.
- While the pan is heating up, prep chicken by dipping in egg and then into oat flour. This is going to help create a crunchier texture.
- Place chicken on sauce pan and sauté for 6-10 minutes, or until cooked all the way through. Turn fan on as the chicken may get a little smokey.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, dip into marinade, coating the entire piece of chicken.
- Place all ingredients in a high-power blender or magic bullet, and process until smooth.
Before I bounce outa this place, I want to share some photos of the yumminess I ate on the ship!