8 Ways to Eat Overnight Oats

The day has finally come to bring Overnight Oat Week to a close.

I know, I know. I’m sure you’re super sad. Well, I’m sad too. Oatmeal recipes are actually the thing that got me to start reading blogs way back when. If you’re into oatmeal, then you know about Kath’s (from Kath Eats) montage of oats on her site. That lady can make oatmeal look like a freaking million dollar recipe!

Long story short. I fell in love with oats about 6 years ago and haven’t looked back since. It’s my breakfast every single day of the week. I loved this series because creating all of these recipes didn’t seem like work at all. It was so fun to try new combos and get to eat oats for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 7 days straight..I kid you not.

8 Ways to Eat Overnight Oats - - Got 5 minutes? Prep your breakfast the night before and eat a fiber-rich meal the next morning that's delicious and healthy!!

If I had to chose one of these glorious recipes to be my favorite I think I would choose…

1. Moose Tracks
  2. Chocolate Covered Strawberries
  3. Peanut Butter Cookie Dough

If nut butter is involved…I just can’t help myself!

I hope that all of these recipes have given you some inspiration to make overnight oats of your own in any variation. Before I let you gawk at each recipe one last time, I want to give you some pro tips on making the best overnight oat recipe EVER!

• Start with a 1 to 1 ratio of oats and liquid (I usually go with almond milk). From there- add more liquid if you’re not a fan of chewy, super thick oats!
  • Greek yogurt is the master of creaminess.
  • The addition of chia seeds will make your entire breakfast expand. They soak up a ton of liquid and expand times 8, which is going to be great for increasing volume AND digestion.

Moose Tracks Overnight Oats

Maple French Toast Overnight Oats

PB&J Overnight Oats

Neapolitan Overnight Oats

Coconut Latte Overnight Oats

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Overnight Oats

PB Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oats

Protein Overnight Oats via Daily Burn

More recipes from my blogger friends…

This was definitely a great recipe series! Thank you for sharing it! While I’ve been an overnight oats consumer for a long time now, your creative, super delicious recipes gave me more inspiration for overnight oatmeal concoctions. Thanks again!

NO I don’t want the week of oats to end!!!! Thanks for putting this together…And I remember when I discovered Kath’s ode to oats…I had no clue that oats could be so glamourous. :)

3. laura says

I loveed this series! I eat over nughtnoats for bfast everyday of the week, even through the winter and I never get sick of it. This series inspired me to be more creative with my oats and expand my over night oat flavors!

These all look so creamy and delicious! I’m a fan of overnight oats but don’t make them frequently enough. Now that I have some serious visual inspiration, I think one of these will be breakfast tomorrow!

5. Patty says

Can you tell me where I can find peanut flour? I believe you use it in 1 of the overnite oatmeal’s.

6. Emie says

Hi! I loved this series! I just recently discovered overnights and am completely obsessed with it, and so I was thrilled to see you dedicate a whole week to them. The one that immediately caught my eye was the French Toast and I LOVED LOVED IT! I used to love French toast growing up but as I have gotten older I stay away from eating and even more so cooking it because of the eggs (I have a slight strange and unfounded aversion to eggs, lol!)And this oatmeal gave me back that taste! I got so excited and shared it with my staff at the office and they all loved it! I have done it twice already and can’t wait to introduce this to my cousins who have a major sweet tooth! I think they will be extremely happy! Next I will try the Coconut Latte oatmeal. I live in Belize so I grew up with the taste of coconuts, so I am looking forward to tasting and ‘showing’ off the results of it! Thank you!!

AHHH! This totally made my day! Do a lot of people in Belize eat oatmeal for breakfast?! I totally thought that was a North American/European thing!

• Emie says

Not really. Our breakfast consists more of tacos, eggs, beans, flour tortillas & these amazing but not so healthy fried jacks (fried dough)! But I am from the island and we have a rather large expat community living here, so that may well be where my mom got to taste that back in the 80’s; however, we didn’t have all these yummy variations. They were mostly made on the stove top and topped off with lots of cinnamon and sweet condensed milk. I hadn’t even heard of overnight oats prior to last year lol!

These look incredible! I was wondering if you can make them using Quaker quick oats? I have a huge container in my cabinet and am hoping to be able to use them. :)