Love quinoa, but don’t have access to a stove? Cook your quinoa in the microwave in just 8 minutes! All you need is quinoa, water, a microwave safe bowl, and a lid!
Ahhhhhhhhh if only I would have known this trick in college…..my life in the dorm room would have been complete! I could have steamed my veggies and had it over quinoa :P. But seriously- this is the EASIEST and (least messy) way to cook quinoa!
I’m super excited to announce a new FFF partnership today with Ancient Harvest Quinoa! Remember, when I participated in their cook-off a few months back? Yah, I still dream about that Jalapeño Bacon Quinoa Mac on a daily basis. Quinoa is one of those ingredients that I’ve been sharing recipes for since day 1 on FFF. Actually- my first “viral” blog post was actually one called 10 Healthy Quinoa Recipes. 3 years later, I’m still quinoa strong 😛
So this recipe is SUPER SIMPLE. You don’t have to be a magnificant chef to get PERFECTLY cooked quinoa. Heck, you don’t even need a stove to get perfectly cokoed quinoa! To cook quinoa in the microwave all you need is-
- Ancient Harvest Quinoa (any color) <– I used Inca Red
- Microwave Safe Bowl (I used a very large Pyrex Measuring Cup)
- Microwave Safe Top/Dish (I used a plate!)
Then all you need to do is microwave (covered), stir, microwave more, and let steam!
How to Cook Quinoa in the Microwave
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest Quinoa (any color), rinsed
- 2 cups water (or vegetable/chicken broth <---savory)
- First, begin by rinsing your quinoa under warm water to remove residue.
- Then, place in a microwave safe bowl or container and add in 2 cups of water. Cover with a lid (I used a plate) and cook quinoa for 6 minutes. Remove and stir. At this point, more than half the water should be absorbed. Place back in the microwave for about 2 more minutes. Then, let sit covered for an additional 5-10 minutes, until all of the water is absorbed. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: ~ 1 cup cooked
I know you guys love quinoa as much as I do because the quinoa recipes on FFF are some of the most popular, so get ready for a bajillion and one quinoa recipes coming your way! For now- get inspired and make one of these lovely quinoa casserole recipes!
Get a $1 using Ancient Harvest’s coupon HERE.
This post is sponsored by Ancient Harvest Quinoa. I was compensated and all opinions are my own.