This delicious salmon salad is packed with flavor from grilled corn to fresh radishes to apple chunks and is topped with a healthy, homemade Greek yogurt dill dressing!
2 weekends ago Team Fit Foodie had a little retreat at Linley’s family’s river house on the St. Croix. If you’re from Minnesota, you know there is a debate as to which side of the St. Croix is better, Wisco or Minnesota. Being a Wisconsin girl, I’d have to vote East side on this one 😛
Being away from city life for an entire weekend was really nice. The river house (what we call it) is nestled away in the bluffs of the river and is absolutely gorgeous. If you follow FitFoodieFinds on snapchat, you may have seen some glimpses of the property! Lin and I decided to make our Fit Foodie Retreat a mixture of work and play…insert recipe creation…and this salad.
We picked up an amazing piece of salmon from the local IGA- Ptacek’s. I love love love IGAs, especially because they are run locally. They always have THE best local meat and produce selection. YES PALEASE.
This salad features…
- fresh greens
- grilled corn
- purple onion
- blue cheese
- grilled salmon
- homemade Greek yogurt dill dressing
This salad would be great to sneak into the #SummerSWEATSeries meal plan if you wanted to sub one of the lunches/dinners 😀 #justsaying
- ½ pound salmon, grilled
- 2 ears of corn, grilled
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 3 radishes, sliced into rounds
- ½ medium apple, chunked
- ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 large handfuls of your favorite greens
- squeeze of lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, 2%
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- First, begin by preheating your grill to about 375ºF. Then, prep salmon by generously seasoning with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon. Place a piece of foil on your grill and the salmon on top of it. Let cook, covered, for about 20-25 minutes. Make sure to continuously check on your salmon. Once the salmon has cooked. Let cool for about 5 minutes before shredding. Set aside.
- Prep salad by using a sharp knife to cut the corn kernels off 2 grilled pieces of corn. Then, slice 3 radishes into thin rounds, ½ small red onion into thin slices, and ½ medium apple into chunks.
- Make dressing by mixing all ingredients together. This is a thick dressing. If you'd like it thinner add more EVOO or lemon juice.
- Prep salad in a large serving bowl by placing greens on the bottom, then sliced veggies/fruit on top, then shredded salmon, then dressing!