Spice up your corn with olive oil and parmesan cheese for the most flavorful, EASY summertime side that can be made right at home on your grill!
If you are anything like me, you love grilled corn. Growing up in the midwest has given me the luxury of living near hundreds of farm fields filled with this knee-high love.
There’s nothing better than State Fair’s roasted corn stand. A little dip of butter and some salt. Ohh baby. Speaking of the state fair, growing up that was one of my summer jobs! I’d help run the Wisconsin State Fair’s apparel booth. Fun stuff.
For this recipe, I wanted to get a little bit more creative than the classic butter + salt combo. Insert —> EVOO + parmesan cheese + basil.
It’s so easy to make and I almost guarantee that you have all of these ingredients in your kitchen already! You’ll for sure need a piece of tin foil, so that you can wrap your corn and seal in some moisture as it’s cooking on the grill. It only takes 5 minutes to prep and you’re on your way to corn on the cob heaven.
- 4 ears of corn
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup EVOO
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to 400ºF.
- Prep corn by shucking and placing all 4 on a large piece of aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Make your Olive Oil Parmesan mixture by mixing together grated parmesan, EVOO, dried basil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Next, dress up your corn by rubbing them down with your marinade. Wrap the corn in your aluminum foil, so that they can properly steam/cook on the grill.
- Place aluminum foil pack on grill for around 30-35 minutes, or until the corn is cooked all the way through.