This banana breakfast cake is about to be your best friend. It’s made with 100% whole grains, all-natural sugars and made in under 30 minutes!
What happens when you mix your favorite banana pancake recipe with a cake and a cast iron skillet? THE BEST BREAKFAST EVER, that’s what!
I am a huge pancake lover. It’s my go-to weekend breakfast and I always make sure to make a double batch so that I can have leftovers, which are usually eaten later that day as a snack 🙂 There are two kinds of pancake lovers- those that are patient enough to cook their pancakes on low/medium heat, and those that always scorch their pancakes on high because they are too excited to wait for the perfect pancake. I’m sure you can guess which kind of pancake lover I am…the impatient kind.
Well I’ve got the solution. Instead of going through the agony of pouring and waiting and flipping and waiting, all you need to do is pour your batter into a cast iron skillet and bake that baby in the oven!
Insert- cake for breakfast.
I finally caved and bought myself this beauty at Target last week. Best $20 I’ve spent in a long time 🙂
In case you are wondering, this guy is a 10 inch and perfect for breakfast cakes.
I was pleasantly surprised as to how moist this cake is! Even the day after.
I topped mine with 1. nut butter and banana OR 2. Greek yogurt, blueberries, and honey. Topping combos are endless and high encouraged 🙂
Banana Breakfast Cake
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 2 medium size bananas, mashed (~1 cup)
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a 10 inch cast iron skillet with around 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Next, mash 2 bananas in a medium-size bowl until it’s smooth and become almost like a liquid. Add in the rest of the liquid ingredients and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Add in liquid ingredients and combine.
- Then, pour the batter into your cast iron skillet and bake at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 11
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 40
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 8