Make this quinoa pasta salad with seasonal veggies, homemade Italian dressing, and tons of spices for a delicious summertime salad that doubles as dinner!
One of my favorite summer dishes is a big ol, chunky pasta salad made with tons of veggies and a delicious Italian Dressing. I thought I’d throw in a little extra protein to make this into a hearty meal that the whole family will love!
In this recipe, I went for all the classic flavors, but feel free to use whatever veggies are in season or in the garden!
Who else finds it really hard to eat some sort of raw veggie every single day? I find I snack on raw fruit much more than veggies, which is what made me so happy about this recipe. All the veggies used in it are 100% raw, crunchy, and delicious. Yes please.
Check out this rainbow of deliciousness…
I kept things gluten-free by using Ancient Harvest Lentil and Quinoa Supergrain Pasta. It doubles as a noodle and a protein boost because of all the good stuff it’s made with. Check out the ingredient list here.
The one tip I have with this pasta is DO NOT OVER COOK IT! That goes for any pasta 🙂
Quinoa Pasta Salad with Chicken Sausage
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 container of Ancient Harvest Proetin Power Gluten Free Lentil and Quinoa Supergrain Pasta Rotelle
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cups broccoli, sliced into small pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 3 chicken sausages (cooked), thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup Italian dressing
- First, cook your noodles by following the directions on the back of the box. Once your noodles are done, refrigerate for at least 2 hours so that the noodles can fully chill.
- When you are ready to make the salad, slice veggies and chicken sausage (I used leftover grilled chicken sausage because I liked the grilled taste) and place in a large bowl. Add in noodles and Italian dressing and mix.
- Serve cold.
This post is sponsored by Ancient Harvest. I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting Fit Foodie Finds!