It’s time to spice up your appetizers with these paleo-friendly bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers! All you need are a few ingredients and 30 minutes!
If you follow me on snapchat —> fitfoodiefinds <— you know that I have a hard time handling the heat 🙂
You know when something spicy tastes SO GOOD that you can’t stop eating it…and then 3 seconds after you swallow it your mouth is on fire, but you keep eating more because it’s so good?
Yes. That’s these Jalapeño Poppers.
These little bites of heaven are actually kind of dangerous. Story time.
So Linley was over last week helping develop this recipe. While I was prepping the ground beef filling, she was prepping the jalapeños for stuffing. We know not to touch jalapeños and then rub your eyes, because we’ve all done that. We didn’t know that jalapeños can actually cause a burning sensation on your hands if you aren’t careful when you seed over 12 of them. Neither of us have actually seeded that many jalapeños at once so we didn’t think twice about it. WELLLLL Lin’s hands were burning for like 4 hours after that. RICE VINEGAR TO THE RESCUE. According to Google if you wash your hands with it…it will help take the pain away.
So all I’m saying, is if you make this recipe…be careful! Too much jalapeño juice on you bare hands is lethal! Hashtag I warned you.
We kept the filling simple. Ground beef + onion + spices.
We didn’t want to take away from the bacon. Because…everyone loves bacon.
So flipping delicious. AND A GREAT APPETIZER…if you ask me.
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12
- 12 jalapeños, seeded
- 6 pieces of thick-cut bacon, sliced in half
- 1/2 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Next, slice the tops off of your jalapeños and remove seeds. Give the inside of the jalapeños a rinse to remove any and all seeds. **DO NOT TOUCH EYES! Set aside.
- Place ground beef, onion, garlic powder, and cumin into a large skillet and brown. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until the beef is cooked all the way through. Take off of heat and use a paper towel to remove some of the excess grease.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon ground beef mixture into the inside of the jalapeños. Use your fingers to push beef all the way down to the bottom of the jalapeño. Repeat until all are filled.
- Wrap the jalapeños with 1/2 slice of thick-cut bacon and place on baking sheet. Season with ground pepper.
- Bake at 400ºF for about 30 minutes.