This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. I was compensated and all opinions are 100% my own.
Have an overload of basil in the garden? Make these creamy parmesan pesto cubes so that you can have a delicious, flavorful sauce or marinade later in the year! Basil season is the best kind of season. Why? Because if you have a garden it grows like a maniac and if you don’t it’s super inexpensive at the grocery store! Unfortunately I don’t have green space for a garden (one day!), but I do live in walking distance to 3 different grocery stores, so all is well 🙂 So these cubes need to be in your life STAT. I bet you never thought about putting anything other than water in your ice trays. Well put those bad boys to good use and make sure you don’t waste the excessive amount of basil in your life! There are a few secret ingredients to these pesto cubes oober creamy (other than basil, of course).
- grated parmesan cheese – adds amazing flavor.
- Blue Diamond Almond Breeze – all things creamy.
- EVOO – pesto wouldn’t be pesto without some olive oil.
Creamy Parmesan Pesto Cubes
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 12
- 2 cups basil, packed
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Place basil, parmesan cheese, salt, garlic, and EVOO in a food processor and process for 1-2 minutes until fine. Then, add in almond milk and process for another minute or so.
You may need to scrape the sides of the food processor with a spatula.
You’ll definitely need your handy dandy food processor for this recipe. I blended everything but the almond milk first and then added in my Almond Breeze at the end to make everything reallllly creamy. Once your cubes are frozen, you can remove them from your ice trays (make sure not to break the trays…like I did. Apparently my upper body is getting stronger). Then, place them in a plastic bag and back in the freezer to use for later! You can use these cubes as…
- meat/vegetable marinade
- dressing- would be delish on top of a salad!
- pasta sauce
Before you go I would be oh-so happy if you took 5 minutes to fill out this reader survey. By entering, you will automatically be entered to win a $100.00 Visa Gift Card! This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze. I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thank you for your continued support!