These monster cookies are made with 100% whole grains and naturally sweetened with coconut sugar for a lightened up version of a classic favorite!
Before we jump right into these delicious Monster Cookies (which are my all time fav cookie!!!!), I wanted to chat about my sister’s wedding from last weekend.
All I have to say is- it was one of THE BEST WEEKENDS OF MY LIFE. It wasn’t even my wedding and it was magical. It was so great to have all of our friends and family in one place for an extended weekend. Shenanigans started Thursday morning and ended Tuesday morning and I loved every minute of it.
In a nutshell, here’s how I felt about the wedding…
The venue was beautiful. The weather was our friend. My sister looked like a bombshell. I danced like a maniac. The food was top notch. The bar was open. I danced like a maniac. A smile never left my face. I stayed up til 3AM (world record). My speech didn’t suck. I carried a selfie stick with me the entire night. I have the coolest parents on the planet. I’m super pumped to have Sister Boy officially part of the fam.
Check out some photos from the wedding. The bottom left photo goes to Michelle’s amazing photographer – Jody Savage Photography. I can’t wait until they’re all up!
So these cookies are heaven.
They’re made with all of my favorite things, too.
- peanut butter
Yup, peanut butter and chocolate…and oatmeal, too! You can’t go wrong.
I thought about making these monster cookies monstrous in size, but I feel so much more fulfilled when I can eat 2 or 3 cookies as opposed to 1 giant one. Anyone else feel this way too?
Healthy Monster Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 24
- 2 eggs, large
- 3/4 cup all-natural peanut butter (heaping), partially melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, partially melted
- 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1.5 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1.5 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate m&m’s
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray 2 cookie sheets with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl and the wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Then, slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until it forms your dough.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Press ball between the palms of your hands forming a cookie shape (the dough will not spread much during baking). Then place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cookies
- Calories: 146
- Sugar: 8
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4