Got 30 minutes? Spiralize some zucchini and top them with a delicious pumpkin marinara for a meatless meal the whole family will love!
“Zoodle, do the zoodle dance.” Please tell me you know who PB&J Otter are. Ohhhhhhh the 90’s…bring me back! Want to know a hilarious fun fact about me that I find quite interesting? Well- I was born in 1990, but I consider myself an 80’s baby because I was conceived in 89. I feel like being born in the 80’s sounds way cooler than the 90’s. JK it’s not cooler, it just makes me seem older. I’d much rather be associated with florescent colors, center parts, and Hey Arnold.
What are they even going to refer 2010 – 2020 as? The 10’s? The 2010’s?
So this pumpkin marinara, though.
Sooooooooo good! The key to a good spaghetti sauce is garlic + sautéed onions + splash of red wine. Can’t go wrong. AND- if you add some pumpkin, it’s even better! Who doesn’t want an extra serving of veggies?
For this recipe I sprialized my zucchinis with The Inspiralizer by Inspiralized! A few months ago Ali from Inspiralized, launched a brand new product and I just got mine in the mail the other day. WOOT. She also just released her first cookbook called Inspiralized. Ummm can you say KILLING IT?! I’ve known Ali for over a year (pretty much since she started her blog) and couldn’t be more proud of her endeavors!
Photo Credit: Inspiralized
The Inspiralizer comes with 4 blades. I used Blade D, spaghetti noodles, for this particular recipe. Ali has tons of videos and recipes on her site for spiralizing any and all foods! This product is also really easy to clean, which is a HUGE win in my book. My old Spiralizer was a biatch 🙂
You can get the Inspiralizer for $49.99 today!
- 1 24 oz jar organic marinara sauce
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ yellow onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 glugs of red wine
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 1.5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, heat a tablespoon of EVOO to medium/high heat in a medium-size pot. Then, add in garlic and onion and sauté until onions are translucent
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring sauce to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- First heat a tablespoon of EVOO to medium/high heat in a large sauce pan. Then, add in garlic and cherry tomatoes and sauté for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in spiralized zucchini and saute for an additional 5ish minutes, making sure not to cook them too long.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.