If you’re peanut butter cup obsessed, then this peanut butter cup granola is for you! Top your smoothie or Greek yogurt with it for the most delicious breakfast ever!
Heaven in a jar right here ladies and gents.
Seriously though. I have an absolute peanut butter addiction. The amount of peanut butter I eat in a single day is like 4 tablespoons. When I travel, I pack my own because heaven forbid the hotel doesn’t have any!
This recipe is SO simple and it only calls for a few ingredients that you most likely already have at home…
- all-natural peanut butter,
- coconut oil
- sea salt
- vanilla extract
I recently did a guest post over on Finish Line’s blog of one of my all time favorite smoothies- Banana Peanut Butter! You haven’t lived until you’ve made this smoothie. I added in a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder and huzzah. Perfection.
Thought I would top my banana peanut butter smoothie with my peanut butter cup granola because you can never have too much peanut butter.
Make sure you purchase an all-natural peanut butter for this in order to get the best flavor. You can grind your won or buy it at the store. My favorite brand is the Kirkland brand that I get from Costco. The bigger the better.
SO GOOD. It almost doesn’t even taste like it should be healthy.
Peanut Butter Cup Granola
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 22 mins
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter, no-salt added
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, partially melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup peanuts, no salt added
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or dairy-free)
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, melt coconut oil and place in a medium-size bowl. Then, add in peanut butter, honey, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add rolled oats, peanuts, and salt and mix until everything is combined. Your mixture should be wet, but not cookie dough wet! So if you need to add more oats, do so here!
- Place mixture on baking sheet and spread out as evenly as possible.
- Bake at 350ºF for 12 minutes. Remove baking sheet and toss granola. Then place back in oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool for at leave 30 minutes before adding in the chocolate chips.
The best part of this granola is the clusters. When you mix the honey and peanut butter together it automatically creates the most amazing clusters.
Granola without clusters isn’t granola.