These Apple Chai Energy Balls are made with rolled oats, dried apples, chai spices, and an almond butter base for a healthy fall sweet treat!
I legit don’t think I’ve ever eaten more balls in my entire life than in the past 7 days. If you look in my freezer you’ll find about 200 balls (not an exaggeration) in gallon-sized bags. Balls on balls on balls. Between all of ball week’s recipes, flopped recipes, and client recipes (yes, some were balls)…I think I could feed an entire army soley on BALLS.
I have done a good job pawning some of these babies off to my sister. I say pawning, but she pretty much begs me to make her balls 😛 Ohhhhhh, the things we do for our sisters
This recipe screams all things fall. If I had to chose a dried fruit to eat for the rest of my life, I’d choose dried apples! Instead of pureeing the dried apples like I do with dates, I thought I’d chop them up into bite-size pieces to keep some good texture.
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1.5 cup dried apple, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients with a wooden spoon. If the mixture is too dry, add more honey, if it's too wet, add more rolled oats.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough out and then roll between your palms to create the balls.
- Store in an air tight container or gallon-size bag in the refrigerator or freezer.
I know you’re sad that ball week is half way over…but you need to head over to The Healthy Maven because Davida is a ballin’ genius —> Cake Batter Energy Balls. Oh halllllllllp me. Just in time for my half b-day. It’s October 17th, in case you were wondering!