Football season is here and it’s time to amp up your appetizers with some whole foods! Make this Superfood Enchilada Dip for a delicious and filling game day snack.
When I dip you dip we dip.
I LOVE DIP.
Especially this dip.
So, I just discovered Trader Joe’s Enchilada Sauce and it changed my life. Lin and I had planned an entirely different recipe with similar ingredients until it morphed into this glorious dip after a trip to TJ’s. I always joke that if I can eat tortilla chips with a meal, then it’s an automatic A+. Hence my obsession with chili and superfood bowls. If you follow me on Snap, you know that I pretty much eat one or the other daily.
I’ll take some chips and a side of chili paleaseeee.
This dip is obviously suppose to be eaten with chips. Cuz what else would you use as a vessel to get this enchilada goodness into your mouth? If you say carrots, you’re wrong.
This dip is not vegan. It’s not vegetarian. It’s not paleo.
It is…..dairy free, gluten-free, and packed with all of your favorite superfoods!
- sweet potato
- lean ground beef
- ½ pound ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey, or bison)
- 1.5 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, finely diced
- ½ cup red onion, minced
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup northern white beans
- ½ cup sweet corn
- 1.5 cups enchilada sauce (I used Trader Joe's Brand)
- salt, to taste
- ½ cup cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced
- First, preheat oven to high broil. Then, brown ½ pound of ground meat in a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Drain and set aside.
- Next, heat 1.5 tablespoons of EVOO in the same cast iron skillet. Add in minced garlic, sweet potato, and red onion and sauté for 7-10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are almost cooked all the way through.
- Add black beans, white beans, sweet corn, and enchilada sauce and bring to a slight boil. Take off heat and sprinkle on cheese.
- Place cast iron skillet in the oven for 1 minute in order to melt the cheese. Remove and top with sliced avocado and fresh cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Have a great weekend, friends! I’m running a 5K on Halloween with Sister and Sister Boy and I CAN NOT wait to tell you all about what we are going as. Hint: It pairs perfectly with peanut butter.