Whip out that crock-pot and pile in all of your favorite ingredients to make this stupid-easy Crock-Pot Chicken Quinoa Enchilada Soup!
One of the first series I ever did on FFF was One-Pot Sundays. Each Sunday during the fall/winter, I would post a meal that could be prepped in a single pot. Ie: Crock-Pot Maple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats, Cashew Chicken Quinoa Bake, and Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa Chili. I loved the series, you loved the series, so I decided that I was going to amp up my one-pot meals this winter…just for you.
And me. Duh.
My inspiration for this recipe actually comes from my good friend Abbie! We do dinners together often and the other week she made a very similar rendition to this Chicken Quinoa Enchilada Soup, except for hers was made on the stove top. Abbie and I are alike in that when we are cooking for ourselves (or our families), we NEVER write anything down or measure. Add a little bit of this and a little bit of that and maybe some more of that and voila. Dinner is served!
I tell you, Abbie is one of the best non-measuring cooks I’ve ever met.
You pretty much throw all of the ingredients, RAW, into a big ol’ crock-pot and let it simmer. That’s one of the reasons why I love quinoa so much. It’s such an easy seed to throw into crock-pot soup or chili because it will for sure cook AND give the dish a boost of protein and texture. Ancient Harvest Quinoa’s Tri-Color Harmony Blend is definitely my fav. I’ve always got like 3 boxes in my cabinet at all time.
Once the chicken is fully cooked (about 3 hours in on high) you remove it, shred it, and put it back in for a few more minutes of simmer time. This recipe is actually difficult to mess up. If you are looking for a healthier enchilada sauce, I recommend Frontera Foods because the ingredient list is pretty short. Or…you can make your own!
I topped my soup with fresh avocado and some Colby jack cheese.
Don’t forget the tortilla chips. I’ll take any excuse to eat tortilla chips with a meal 😛 Ask anyone.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest Tri-Color Harmony Quinoa, uncooked
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can white northern beans, rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can sweet corn
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water*
- 2 cups enchilada sauce (I used Frontera Foods)
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- Place 2 large chicken breasts on the bottom of a large crock-pot. Then, place the rest of the ingredients on top.
- Turn crock-pot to high and let cook for 3 hours.
- Then, remove chicken breasts and shred with 2 forks. Place back in the crock-pot and let cook for an hour longer.
- Top with fresh avocado, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips
This post is sponsored by Ancient Harvest Quinoa. I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting Fit Foodie Finds!