Looking to meal prep the most delicious breakfast on the planet? Make this Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bake and top it with fresh bananas and a drizzle of PB!
Is it bad that I sometimes base friendships off of the foods people like and dislike? For example…if you like peanut butter, I automatically like you. If you like olives…you’re going to have to work really hard to make me like you. Honestly – my biggest fear in life is that my children are either going to despise peanut butter or worse off, be allergic to it. Unfortunately I’d be there mother and HAVE to deal with that. #firstworldproblems
The good thing is that I haven’t met many people who voluntarily don’t like peanut butter. It’s the food of the gods if you ask me 🙂
This oatmeal bake combines all of my favorite breakfast ingredients.
Can’t go wrong with that combo, people. Is it sad that I feel like my day is incomplete if I haven’t eaten oatmeal with banana and peanut butter? Nope, not sad at all. If I switch up my breakfast to something savory, I’ll most likely get my oatmeal fix for lunch or dinner. Sorrynotsorry
Can we talk about the ripeness of bananas for a hot second?
Not too green, not too brown…just right. I like my bananas perfectly yellow. That’s IF I’m eating the banana by itself or on top of something. Anyone who says they like green bananas is just…FILLINTHEBLANK. I heard that if you eat eat a green banana…you can straight up eat the peel, too. No idea if that’s true or not, but it is Friday so I thought I’d share that fun fact. When it comes to extremely ripe bananas…I gag at the thought of eating it on it’s own. I don’t want chewed up banana fed to me by a mother bird. However, when it comes to mashing an overly ripe banana for sweetness in baked goods or smoothies….I’M ALL FOR IT.
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bake
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 very ripe banana, medium
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour (or any kind of flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a medium-size baking dish or cake pan with coconut oil cooking spray. I used a 1.5 qt. baking dish, but a 9×9 inch cake pan will also work!
- In a large bowl, mash 1 very ripe banana until liquidy. Then, add in eggs, peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and almond milk and mix until smooth.
- Add rolled oats, flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Transfer batter into baking dish and slice a few bananas on top.
- Bake at 375º for about 30-40 minutes (it will depend on the size and depth of your baking dish) or until firm.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 97
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 44
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 14
I want to hear your thoughts on the foods you like and dislike…and how you like your bananas.