Are you a coffee addict like me? Follow my tutorial on how to make the PERFECT cup of coffee using a pour over, freshly ground beans, and filtered water!
Today I am excited to partner with PUR to bring you the ultimate tutorial on how to make the perfect cup of coffee! If you follow me on any form of social media, you know that I drink coffee all day, every day. I like to tell myself that I don’t necessarily rely on the caffeine and that I LOVE THE TASTE. It’s true though, I love the taste of coffee. Mmmm Mmmm!
But in all seriousness, there’s just something about coffee that brings people together. There is nothing like sitting with your bestie with a hot cup of joe just chatting about life. Business meeting? Coffee shop. It’s cold out? Lets get coffee. Too much to drink? Coffee will take the edge off. Can’t quite wake up? Coffee will get you through the day.
Ok ok, you get my point. The answer is always coffee.
There are so many different ways to brew coffee and my most recent favorite has been the pour over. I am by no means a coffee expert, but I found something that works great for me. According to our research to make the perfect cup of coffee (THANK YOU LINLEY!) you need….
- Filtered water
- A Pour over
- Paper filter
- Whole coffee beans
- Coffee grinder
- Coffee mug
The secret to the perfect cup of coffee when using a pour over is freshly ground coffee beans, hot filtered water, and patience. Oh, and don’t forget about the circular motion when pouring!
I am super pumped about my new PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter. I have the stainless steel variation, which matches the rest of my appliances and it was super easy to install. All you have to do is flip the little switch on the side to get your filtered water! PUR…
- Removes 99% of Lead and 96% of Mercury
- Reduces Chlorine (both the taste and smell)
- Tastes GREAT! <—it actually makes me want to drink more water.
If you are worried about the filter fitting your faucet…chances are IT WILL! It comes with a bunch of different attachments. Also, for each filter you get around 100 gallons of water. I know a lot of people are extremely particular when it comes to drinking filtered water, so I did want to throw it out there that by having one of these bad boys you will reduce your carbon footprint from plastic water bottles and save a ton of money.
- 3 tablespoons whole bean coffee
- 3 cups filtered water
- First, filter 3 cups of water through your PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter. Then, boil water in a kettle or on the stove top.
- Prep filter by running it under water to moisten and placing in the center of your pour over. Place pour over on top of coffee mug and set aside.
- Place coffee beans in grinder and grind until coffee is the consistency of course sugar or sea salt
- Place coffee grounds on top of filter inside the pour over.
- When water is boiling, remove from heat and let sit for 30 seconds.
- Pour enough water over coffee grounds to wet all the grounds, then let sit for 30 seconds.
- Pour the rest of the hot water over the wet coffee grounds, pouring in a circular motion.
- Let coffee drip and enjoy!
In case you are wondering, I usually drink my coffee black and on the stronger side. If I’m feeling a little riskay, I will whip up a little coconut whipped cream and add a dollop of that to my cup. Aw yeah.
This post is sponsored by PUR. I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Fit Foodie Finds!