Breakfast is served in under 15 minutes with this delicious (and dairy-free) Blender Lemon Blueberry Pancake recipe!
This is one of those recipes that I voluntarily tested like 4 times BECAUSE IT IS THAT GOOD. Man I could seriously eat these pancakes 3 times a day for a whole week and not get tired of them! Lemon + blueberry has seriously been my jam lately. That flavor combination is the epitome of Spring.
Today we are partnering with my favorite almond milk, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze! I almost always buy the unsweetened variation and literally go through at least 2 gallons a week in the Fit Foodie Kitchen. That’s not even an exaggeration. I use it in everything from overnight oats (duh), to chia seed pudding, to muffins to, mac n’ cheese!
So…FFF has lots of pancake recipes and we wanted to make this one extra special. Insert: the blender!
Before Linley and I develop a new recipe on FFF we discuss how we can: 1. dirty the least amount of bowls as possible, 2. cook it as fast as possible, and 3. make it as healthy as possible. This recipe literally dirties 2 things: a blender and a skillet.
PANCAKES IN A BLENDER…MIND BLOWING.
You literally throw all of the ingredients into the blender and whirl away. The coolest part about this recipe is that the blueberries turn the batter BLUE! I’m like a child when it comes to colored food. Once again…MIND BLOWING.
To get the amazing lemon blueberry flavor in this recipe we used fresh blueberries and a combination of lemon extract and lemon zest. Num num num. Don’t skimp on the lemon zest…so good!
Lemon Blueberry Blender Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 16
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 banana, medium
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Place blueberries, banana, eggs, vanilla extract, unsweetened almond milk, honey, and lemon extract in a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth. Add in the rest of the dry ingredients and blend on high until smooth. Finally, add melted coconut oil and blend until smooth. At this point, your mixture should be thick, but thin enough to pour into pancakes. If it’s too thick, add a splash more almond milk.
- Turn a skillet to medium heat and spray with coconut oil cooking spray. Using a 1/4 cup scoop, pour batter onto skillet. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on your pancakes. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serving Size: 4 pancakes (1/4 recipe)
- Calories: 396
- Sugar: 20
- Sodium: 390
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 61
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 10
Happy bdayyy to me and my little bro!