Triple Berry Crumb Bars are the perfect summer treat. They’re sweet and tart at the same time and the best part is, they’re healthy!
These might be the most beautiful bars I ever set eyes on. Anyone else out there prefer their desserts not so sweet? These bars are perfectly tart and a little bit sweet, meaning you can really taste alltheflavors in every single bite. Sometimes dessert is wayyyyy over done with too much sugar. Once you hit a certain point with sugar, it doesn’t even taste good anymore. This recipe is wholesome and healthy and legit the perfect summer treat!
The crust/crumble is made with a cashew and oat base sweetened with coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla almond milk, and a little vanilla. The filling is a mixture of berries, honey, and a splash of orange juice. When you mix it all together into one recipe…it’s HEAVEN in bar form.
One time I asked Man Candy what his favorite dessert was (mind you…he doesn’t even like dessert) and his answer was simple: “fruity pie.” Lin and I get a kick out of that every time we talk about it because we say it in a southern accent. FRUITY PIE.
T0day’s recipe is actually brought to you by the one and only Blue Diamond Almond Breeze. With the amount of recipe testing that’s been going on in the Fit Foodie Kitchen lately…it’s so nice to have a stock pile of their shelf stable product in my cabinet. I’m not even exaggerating…Linley and I go through at least 2 gallons per work week and that’s if I DON’T prep a week’s worth of overnight oat recipes for myself.
What I am trying to say is GOD BLESS THE ALMOND MILK FAIRY who sent us like 10 cartons of this stuff. And KEEP IT COMING.
I hope you guys make this recipe and LOVE it. It really is perfect for the 4th of July. It’s great for those who are gluten free or who really like “fruity pie.”
Can you say…RED WHITE AND BLUE.
I suggest topping it with coconut whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. YUM YUM YUM. If you’re feeling sassy, you can totally eat a bar for breakfast, too. They are THAT healthy.
If you guys are looking for other crumble variations. You should check out Davida’s Blueberry Hazelnut Crumb Bars. It’s the recipe that inspired these very bars.
Triple Berry Crumb Bars
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 9
For the Berry Filling
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup Almond Breeze Vanilla Unsweetened AlmondMilk
- 1/4 cup 100% orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
For the Crust & Crumble Topping
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray an 8×8-inch pan with coconut oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Next, mix all crust/crumble ingredients together in a medium/large mixing bowl.
- Then, take 2/3 of the mixture and press it evenly onto the bottom of the oiled 8×8 pan. Set the rest of the crust/crumble mixture aside (this is what you will use for the crumble topping).
- Bake crust at 350ºF for 10 minutes. Remove crust and set aside.
- Next, place all ingredients for the berry filling (except for the tapioca flour) into a medium sauce pan.
- Turn heat to high and bring filling to a boil, stirring often. Once boiling, turn heat down to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Continue stirring.
- Add tapioca flour to the berry mixture and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes, until thickened. Stir often.
- Once the berry filling has thickened, pour on top of the crust.
- Spread the rest of the crumble mixture over the top of the berry filling and then bake for another 10 minutes at 350ºF.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before placing into the fridge for at least 2 hours to let the filling set. Slice and enjoy!
Recipe modified from The Healthy Maven.
- Serving Size: 1/9
- Calories: 382
- Sugar: 18
- Fat: 23
- Protein: 9
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze (my favorite almond milk!). I was compensated and all opinions are my time. Thanks for supporting Fit Foodie Finds!