What’s better than a peanut butter cup? A peanut butter cup amped with extra protein! Make these delicious protein peanut butter cups with just a few ingredients!
Fun Fact Friday: My wifi router is called “Peanut Butter Lover.”
So if you’re my neighbor….that’s me!
In all honesty though- I have LOVED peanut butter since I can remember. I literally put that shit on everything. Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye…if my kids are allergic to peanut butter I might have a heart attack. I don’t know what it is these days, but peanut allergies have seemed to go through the ROOF. One of my girlfriends is a kindergarden teacher and she was telling me that her room is a “no nut room.” SAD FACE.
So I am a total I NEED DESSERT AFTER DINNER kind of person…and if I’m going to go for the peanut butter cup, I might as well go for a protein peanut butter cup made with dark chocolate AMIRIGHT?
You only need a few ingredients to make these puppies.
I used Designer Protein – 100% Vanilla Whey Protein Powder. I prefer the taste and flavor of whey protein in comparison to others (but I don’t discriminate!). Thus- I haven’t tried any other protein powders for this recipe
Feel free to use any nut butter for this recipe OR to use vegan/semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Fill mini muffin tin with muffin liners and spray with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl mix peanut butter and protein powder together. Start with 2 tablespoons of protein powder and go up from there. The amount of protein powder depends on how drippy your peanut butter is.
- Next, separate the peanut butter and protein mixture into 12 marble sized balls (~1 teaspoon), and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt dark chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring every 45 seconds until chocolate is smooth.
- Scoop one teaspoon of the chocolate mixture onto the bottom of each muffin liner. Then, place muffin tin into the freezer for about 10-15 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Next, place one protein peanut butter ball on top of each hardened chocolate, carefully flattening the ball with your finger until it has a smooth top.
- Finally, add two more teaspoons of the melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter to each liner to complete your peanut butter cup
- Place muffin tin in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes until chocolate is hardened.
HEY. I was on tv talking all about CHICKEN and how I love cooking chicken in the crock-pot! You can watch FFF’s segment on The Jason Show HERE.