Get the most moist chocolate pumpkin muffins without using any oil at all! These muffins are 100% whole wheat, refined sugar free, and the perfect afternoon snack.
OMG. Please tell me you guys have listened to Bon Iver’s new album, 22, A Million. Seriously love. I just want to lay by the fire, drink wine, and listen to it all day long!
So I’ve got some fun news! As you know, Mark and I have been dating long distance since we started being bf/gf (lolz) earlier this year. If you need a refresher, Mark and I were really good friends in high school, but never dated. 8 years later we’re together and it’s AMAZING. I’ve spent lots of time traveling back and forth from Minneapolis to Milwaukee over the past few months because I am lucky enough that my schedule allows me to do so. It’s taken a lot of coordination between Linely and me, but I think it’s actually made the business much stronger because I’ve been able to really let go and allow Linley to take things and run with them. She’s actually been the brains behind almost all recipes you’ve seen the past 6 months on Fit Foodie. While I’m gone in MKE or traveling for work, she’s working hard in the kitchen testing recipes before I even get to try them! Obviously it’s a collaboration between her and me, but it’s been so fun and such a great change of pace to be able to rely so much on Linley.
Okay so the news. Mark will be spending more time in Minneapolis! No, he’s not moving here…but he is able to work remotely one week per month now from The Cities! I can’t tell you how happy this makes my heart. Weekends here are great, but 7 days is going to be AMAZING! What I’m really excited for (on top of sleeping next to Mark in my own bed!) is just getting him immersed in this crazy life. He’ll be working from the Fit Foodie HQ and for those that follow us on Snapchat, you know we have a good time during the work day 🙂
He’ll even be able to give me real time feedback on all Fit Foodie recipes instead of me texting him 100 photos per day of what we’re making 😀
How gawgeous is that pumpkin?!
How is it already October. We’re already in the double digits, people. That’s just crazy talk right there.
These chocolate pumpkin muffins are made with NO oil because pumpkin itself has so much moisture in it. We also added in some applesauce, which has the same effect as pumpkin, but adds a little bit more sweetness.
Don’t forget about the chocolate chips and SEA SALT.
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup apple sauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple maple syrup
- 2 egg, large
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk. Place wet ingredients in a medium size bowl and whisk. Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until combined.
- Fill muffins about ¾ of the way full. Then, sprinkle on a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350ºF for 18-20 minutes or until you do the toothpick test and it comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!