French toast just got PUMPKINed! Make these adorable and delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip French Toast Cups for the most epic fall breakfast EVER.
Did you know that Monday is my favorite day of the week? I am totally that girl who jumps out of bed Monday morning ready to slay the day. I think it has to do with my WFH schedule. Sometimes it feels like my weekends merge into my week days and visa versa. In all honesty I never really know what day it is. Thank the lord for Larry Page (inventor of Google…AKA my life).
To me French toast sounds like a weekend breakfast. It takes more time to make than normal toast or quick oats in the microwave, but it’s SO TASTY. I wanted to come up with a French toast recipe that could double as meal prep, for a quick, grab-and-go breakfast during the week.
CUPS. FRENCH TOAST CUPS.
Today I am partnering with Dave’s Killer Bread for this epic fall recipe. I love their White Bread Done Right variety because it tastes and feels like white bread, but it’s actually SO MUCH BETTER FOR YOU. It’s made with quinoa, spelt, rye, millet, and barley and absolutely no refined grains! It’s certified organic and doesn’t include any high fructose corn syrup. What more could you ask for in white bread? Doughy and delicious. Yes. Yes.
PS: in case you are wondering- any DKB bread will work for this recipe! I just kept it classic with white
For these adorable little pumpkin chocolate chip French toast cups, I decided it would be in my best interest to cut off the crust. Now- I’m normally a crust lover, but I thought about all of the moms out there that are going to make this recipe and cut the crust off for their kiddos…because that’s what all kids demand (at least I did as a kid!).
This recipe is actually really simple and calls for only a few basic ingredients —
- DKB White Bread Done Right
- pumpkin puree
- almond milk
- maple syrup
- pumpkin pie spice
- mini chocolate chips
Feel free to ixnay the chocolate chips…if you’re that kind of person (eye roll).
- 8 pieces Dave's Killer Bread White Bread Done Right
- 3 eggs, large
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- optional: mini chocolate chips
- First preheat oven to 350ºF. Then, line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and spray them with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, almond milk, pumpkin pie spice, and ample syrup.
- Create cubes of bread by first slicing off the crust. Then, slice into thirds, turn and slice into thirds again.
- Dip bread into egg mixture making sure everything is coated.
- Fill each muffin tin with cubed bread. Optional: sprinkle on some mini chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350º for 21-23 minutes.
If you’re looking to find Dave’s Killer Bread near you…use their product finder HERE.
This post is sponsored by Dave’s Killer Bread, my favorite bread company! I was compensated an all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting Fit Foodie Finds.