Ditch the chips and lighten up your nachos with roasted cauliflower! Top them with all of your favorite things- pulses, rotisserie chicken, pico de gallo, and avocado.
Hello there, my pretty. These nachos are like none other…because they’re made from a vegetable – CAULIFLOWER! I first got this amazing idea from one of those viral Tasty videos on Facebook and thought I would make it my own by adding my favorite toppings…including PULSES! I am totally that girl at Chipotle that gets every kind of bean they have. ALLTHEBEANS
These cauliflower nachos in particular features pinto beans, a bean that I need to start eating more often! Here’s some fun facts about this little pulse: a 1-cup serving is only 250 calories and contains just 2.5g fat. This make them a great fiber-filled, low-fat bean to add to any meal…ESPECIALLY NACHOS. I personally prefer to buy my beans canned because they’re precooked and super convenient. They’re also extremely inexpensive, which is a win in my book!
The roasted cauliflower base of these nachos are just fantastic. Every year Fall comes around and I forget how much I love roasted veggies..especially roasted cauliflower. We seasoned these bad boys with mostly salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Don’t forget about the cumin and a little bit of chili powder for some heat! Slather them in some olive oil and pop them in the oven at 400ºF for about 25 minutes. BOOM, you got your base.
For this recipe- the toppings are the fun part. I went with rotisserie chicken, cheddar cheese, pinto beans, avocado, jalapeno, pico de gallo, and some red onion. You can totally make these amazing cauliflower nachos your own by adding your personal favorite toppings such as:
- carnitas (any other kind of pulled meat)
- black beans (or any other kind of pulses)
- fajita veggies
- ground beef (or any kind of ground beef)
One-Pan Cauliflower Nachos
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2
For the Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Toppings
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup rotisserie chicken (or 1 large chicken breast)
- 1/2 cup pinto beans, canned
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- fresh cilantro, to taste
- pico de gallo
- special sauce: (1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt + 2 tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and rub a baking sheet with olive oil. Prep cauliflower by cutting the head into fourths. Then, slice into chip-like thin pieces. Place on pan.
- Drizzle cauliflower with a generous amount of olive oil and then season with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bake at 400ºF for 25 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower and then flip. Add cheddar cheese, rotisserie chicken, pinto beans, red onion, jalapeno, and fresh cilantro.
- Bake again for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with fresh pico de gallo and special sauce!
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 11
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Fiber: `4
- Protein: 35
Don’t forget to take your pulse pledge and eat more pulses in 2016!
This post is sponsored by USA Pulses & Pulse Canada as 2016 is the Year of the Pulses! I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Fit Foodie Finds.