Hosting a party for the big game? This healthy chili cheese dip will be loved by everyone. It’s especially good with a chip!
How bout them Packers? HOW ABOUT THEM PACKERS? I feel like I am all in to football now that Mark and I are together. I have never met a crazier set of fans than fans from Wisconsin. Mark is a born and raised Packer fan and went to Madison…so he’s got Wisconsin fan in his blood. I experienced my first Packer game at Lambeau and Badger game at Camp Randall (vs. Minnesota) this year. I’m a changed woman. LOL JK. But really I have grown to enjoy football in lots of ways…especially food and drink because that’s what I do best. This even means BEER. I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but I drink beer now! For the first 25 years of my life I would try beer here and there and just about spit it out I thought it was so disgusting. Now I enjoy a cold micro brew like the good Minnesota girl I am. I prefer lagers, wheats, and sours…and that’s about it. If it’s hoppy, get it away from me!
Now the food part. I love hosting football parties because it gives me an excuse to make a whole lotta food…the thing I do best! This recipe is actually epic. It’s a classic turned healthy and to be honest, I don’t know why it wasn’t made like this in the first place! Chili cheese dip is typically made with ground beef + canned beans with spices/sauce + cream cheese + more cheese. My chili cheese dip is made with:
- ground turkey
- pinto beans
- Greek yogurt
I kid you not, you will not taste the difference between this lightened up version and the original kind.
I made this ALL FOR YOU PACKERS. So you better win the game this weekend. K thx.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 4.5 oz. can of green chilis
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cups Mexican cheddar cheese (divided ⅓ and ⅓)
- Preheat oven to 400º and spray a 9x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Place olive oil on a large frying pan and heat over medium/high heat. Add onion and minced garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add ground turkey to the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the meat is fully browned.
- Turn heat down to low/medium and add green chiles, tomato paste, pinto beans, and spices. Mix and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Greek yogurt and ⅓ cup cheese into the meat mixture and combine.
- Transfer into to a 9x9 inch oven safe pan and sprinkle the remaining ⅓ cup cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until dip begins to bubble.
- Remove from oven and serve with veggies and chips. Enjoy!
I am leaving this morning to go to the UP (Upper Peninsula) for a family ski trip! My parents are picking up Mark and they are meeting my sister, brother, and I tonight in Michigan (OMG THANK GOODNESS BC I MISS MARK SO MUCH).