Get your meal-prep on with this healthy cilantro lime chicken served next to a delicious cauliflower rice!
It feels like I haven’t blogged in like a year, but it’s only been a week. Felt good to take some “time off” from Fit Foodie Finds to focus on the Healthy Glow Collective. I spent the last week in Phoenix with the team working on some really amazing upcoming projects. For any of you that work remote, you know where I’m coming from when I say it’s not the easiest! For the most part, I love working from home, but I also love face time with my teams! Monique is in Chicago, Katie is in Denver, and I am in Minneapolis…so when we get together it’s like a mini reunion paired with a lot of GSD time. We brought our favorite photographer with us (FOLLOW HER ON IG), Brooke, to capture every moment…just like the photo from the top of Pinnacle Peak!
Man was it great to get away from the wintery weirdness of Minnesota! What’s funny, is that there was torrential rain in Phoenix the first two days we were there. Apparently “it doesn’t rain in Arizona.” It was also quite chilly- only 64 degrees the first day! We did luck out the last day and a half when the sun finally came out and it warmed up back into the 70’s. FEW.
Check out HealthyGlow.co’s Instagram for some sneak peeks of our photoshoot!
Our goal for this recipe was all things Spring. How can we incorporate the flavors of spring into a delicious, meal-prep recipe that you can eat all week long? The answer?
This cilantro lime chicken is everything you’ve ever wanted in a chicken recipe. It’s fresh and perfectly flavored. Best part? It can be eaten hot or cold! I actually prefer to mix temperatures when I eat. So what I did for this recipe specifically was eat the cauliflower rice warm and the chicken cold. <3 Speaking of the cauliflower rice. You’re going to love it! We used the pre-riced cauliflower from Trader Joe’s and mixed in some spices, black beans, and some raw red onion. Yum sauce.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup lime juice (1-2 limes depending on how juicy they are)
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ sea salt
- ½ cup black beans
- ¼ cup red onion, raw
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- First, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing. Slice chicken and set aside.
- Add the rest of the chicken ingredients into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Place sliced chicken to the bowl and toss with dressing. Refrigerate.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add riced cauliflower and spices and cook for 5 minutes. Then, add in black beans and sauté for another 2. Finally, add in red onion and mix.
- Place chicken, cauliflower rice, ¼ cup tomatoes, ¼ of an avocado in to a bowl. Enjoy.
-To make this recipe paleo, do not use beans. To make this recipe vegan, sorry.