- 2 cups whole walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Begin by lining a baking sheet or large plate with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Next, place walnuts, butter, and maple syrup into a large skillet pan.
- Turn heat on high and bring the butter and maple syrup to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and stir making sure all of the walnuts are coated in maple syrup and butter and then simmer the walnuts over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour walnuts onto the parchment paper and spread them out so they are not touching. Sprinkle on sea salt.
- Place walnuts in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until they are cool.
Serving Size: 1/6
Category: ToppingMethod: Stove TopCuisine: American