- 2 4-oz. chicken breasts
- 4 slices of lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Fill a large stock pot (or larger) with water, attach your sous vide (we have THIS ONE) to the pot and set your sous vide to 145ºF. You want to make sure you can fully submerge your chicken breast in the water.
- Then, season chicken breast with salt and pepper and place into a vacuum seal bag. A Ziplock will work fine too!
- Add lemon slices, olive oil, and rosemary to the bag and make sure chicken breast is covered in oil and spices.
- Remove as much air as possible from vacuum seal bag or Ziplock. We do this so that the chicken will sink to the bottom of the pot. Then fully submerge in water.
- Cook chicken breast at 145ºF for 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Once the timer goes off, remove the bag from the water bath and the remove chicken breast from the vacuum bag. Prepare your favorite chicken recipe or see step #7 for a seared chicken breast.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium-sized pan. When olive oil is fragrant, place chicken breast into the pan. Sear for 1-2 minutes on each side. Enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 184 Sugar: 0 Sodium: 74 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 0 Protein: 26
Keywords: sous vide chicken breast