- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 28-oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 28-oz. can whole, peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 large basil leaves, fresh
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1.5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oilve oil in a large stock pot over medium/high heat.
- When the olive oil is fragrant, add onion, garlic, salt, and pepper, and sautee for around 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Meanwhile, place tomato paste, diced tomatoes, whole peeled tomatoes, basil leaves, and garlic powder into a high-speed blender.
- Once the onions are translucent, add that mixture to the blender as well.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until everything is pureed.
- Transfer mixture back into the stockpot and turn to medium/high heat.
- Once the soup is boiling, turn heat down to low and add vegetable broth, cream, Greek yogurt, and apple cider vinegar.
- Mix soup until everything is combined and creamy.
- Option to serve immediately, or to continue to let simmer for 10-20 minutes for more depth of flavor.
- Taste soup before serving and add salt and pepper, to taste.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe was slightly updated on November 6, 2019.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 128 Sugar: 6 Fat: 7 Carbohydrates: 13 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4
Keywords: tomato bisque