I will. I repeat. I will NOT let summer end.
Overnight Oats will live on. And so will this heat that has finally made its way to Minnesota.
For my typical overnight oats, I usually use Greek yogurt, but I wanted to mix things up a little bit so I used KEFIR! I always have kefir in my fridge. I like to switch off between that and yogurt because kefir has active cultures inside, which helps my tummy.
Nectarine Kefir Overnight Oats
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- -1 cup quick cooking oats
- -1 cup kefir (any flavor!)
- -1 cup milk (I use unsweetened, almond)
- -1 tablespoon chia seeds
- -1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- -1 cup chopped white nectarines
- Mix all ingredients in a large tupperware and place in fridge overnight or for at least 1 hour. Serve chilled.
For this gorgeous topping, I mixed together more chopped nectarines, a sprinkle of chia seeds, some puffed brown rice, and a little honey. Was the perfect touch of crunch and sweetness!
I am a big fan of adding more milk to the top, but that’s just my preference!
On this weekend’s agenda is
- FFF Recipe planning, creation, and photography
- Designer whey Recipe Creation and photography
- Boating! on Saturday with a few friends
- Hanging with Blake before Fall Semester starts back up for his MBA Prorgram