This always happens to me. I tell myself I am going to make a delicious breakfast cobbler recipe using some of the fresh and frozen berries I got from Driscolls, then I end up turning it into a dessert by slapping some frozen greek yogurt on top.
Why can’t you eat breakfast for dessert? Or dessert for breakfast?
I say you can.
And I say I don’t care what anyone else thinks 🙂
Healthy Blueberry Cobbler
- -3 cups rolled oats
- -2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- -1 ripe banana, mashed
- -1teaspoon cinnamon
- -1/2 tsp sea salt
- -2 tablespoons coconut oil
- -3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- -1 cup almond milk
- 1. First, preheat oven to 375F and spray a deep baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- 2. In a large bowl, mash a ripe banana and mix with coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond milk.
- 3. Then, mix in oats, salt, blueberries, and cinnamon.
- 4. Transfer everything into deep baking dish, and bake at 375 for about 40 minutes or until the oats turn golden brown at the top.
- *Note: the texture will not be soft like normal cooked oatmeal, rather chewy with a crunchy top!
- Calories: 768
- Sugar: 31
- Sodium: 2368
- Fat: 24
- Saturated Fat: 13
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 128
- Protein: 18
- Cholesterol: 0
About the Greek frozen yogurt…when the heck did they come out with this stuff? LOVE LOVE LOVE.
I want to say it was like 100 calories for a half cup of Stonyfield’s Vanilla Frozen Yogurt. A wee bit high in sugar, but isn’t all yogurt these days?
You could use any kind of berry for this. Even pomegranate seeds, apple, pumpkin…you name it!
I’ve been on a pumpkin kick lately, so I foresee a pumpkin cobbler in my near future.
I am so very thankful for this week. I feel like this is my first slow week in about 5. I have about 6 FFF recipes developed and photographed. I just need to prepare some copy for them and edit photos. I am also ahead on client recipe writing and photography. Woot.
Can you guess what I did all weekend? 🙂 🙂
Mama Hersh is coming into town on Friday and I am really excited for that! Now that all three of her kids live in the same town, it’s much easier for her to come to Minneapolis!
Cheers to a brand new week!