Make this easy meat lasagna (egg-free) that’s packed with vegetables and three different cheeses! Use gluten-free noodles for the wheat sensitive people in your life!
Blake was SUPER excited when I told him I was making lasagna for dinner the other night and that I was using meat in it 😛 I tell yah, before I met Blake over 3 years ago I rarely ate meat. Now- it’s a staple in my diet and I love it! I actually crave it more now than I used to.
This was my first time making lasagna without my mommy. #truth It’s one of the easiest things you can make and…it lasts for days! Meal prep = love.
Want to know how to make the flavors in your sauce pop? Nakano Rice Vinegar.
It’s my secret.
For reals though. I pretty much add that stuff to any and all sauce that I make in the Fit Foodie Kitchen. A little goes a long way!
Speaking of a little goes a long way. I definitely added more than a little cheese to this guy.
Boom, boom, and boom. I also topped my slices with homemade pesto and a few sprinkles of red pepper flakes. Hubba hubba.
Easy Meat Lasagna
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 9 lasagna noodles (regular, whole grain, or gluten-free)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 jar organic marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 2 tablespoons Nakano Rice Vinegar
- 2/3 cup light ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Optional toppings: Pesto and red pepper flakes
- First, heat oven to 375ºF. Then, cook lasagna noodles by following the directions on the box. Set aside.
- Prep veggies for sauce by chopping red bell pepper and mushrooms and finely dicing yellow onion. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of garlic in 1 tablespoon of EVOO. Then, sauté veggies for about 5 minutes, or until onion becomes translucent. Transfer into a bowl.
- In the same sauce pan, brown italian sausage. Once the meat is cooked, add the veggies back in and pour on your favorite marinara sauce and Nakano Rice Vinegar. Mix.
- To prep lasagna, spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Then, spread a little sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Place on first layer of noodles (3). Then, spoon on 1/3 cup of ricotta cheese evenly onto the noodles. Add about 1/3 of the sauce on top of the noodles. Then, top off with about 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat this one more time.
- Top of the 2nd layer of mozzarella cheese with 3 more lasagna noodles. Spoon in any remaining sauce and 1/2 cup more of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375º for about 30-45 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 462
- Sugar: 7
- Fat: 27
- Protein: 22
Tell me. Are you a meat eater? Has your eating style changed over the years like mine has?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Mizkan’s Nakano Rice Vinegar. I was compensated and all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting Fit Foodie Finds and making my dreams a reality!